working nights and organising your food

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by vonpeeky, 17 March 2010 Social URL.

1. vonpeeky

vonpeeky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i was wondering if any one else on here has to work shifts and has had the 'changing to nights' food dilemma?
    i work for the emergency services and i am at the moment doing 12 hr night shifts and i cant seem to get the right balance where im not eating too late but then not starving at 4am.
    is any one else having this issue?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Vonpeeky

Well by the looks of things your losses are good so you are doing something right for sure! Re nights, i work them every other weekend and I find by halfing my shakes and spreading them out works, then top up with water, tea and coffee inbetween.. Look at the hours you sleep and the ones that you are awake and slot the shakes in then. It definately is harder at night, but it is doable. Good luck. xx

4. vonpeeky

vonpeeky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    thanks! next 2 weeks will be the killer... 96 hrs of nights in 2 weeks i think i may give the bricks a try for them as my breaks are very short. the other problem i have with nights is by the tme i get back home around 7.30 8ish in the morning i dnt want to eat so go to bed then seem like ive missed a meal ... more practice and im sure i will have it down :)

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm sure you will VP. Good luck xx

6. cindersmcphee

cindersmcphee Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I also work for emergancy services. I take bricks to work. I am controller so office based and can take bricks but find them easy for work. On nights I like choc tetra with hot water added to make it into a hot choc.

7. vonpeeky

vonpeeky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Ah cinder sounds like we do the same kind of job! I'm trying bars and tetra bricks for my nights this week and next!

8. pmosgirl

pmosgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Sounds like my job is similar too! I do a set of 4 nights, and I tend to swap my meals around, I have a small salad at about 8pm, then got to work at 9pm. At around Midnight I have a bar with a coffee, then a shake/soup around 4am then porridge when I get in a 7am. It works for me and I don't feel I'm going to bed on an empty stomach.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.