Working Nights on Exante...

sarahskg

Hi,

Does anybody work nights whilst on Exante? I wanted to know how you work out when to have your shakes etc?

Hi there,

I regularly work nights and work my exante plan around my shifts. On the day of my first night shift I aim to have a shake about 2pm then head to bed for a couple of hours kip pre-work, I then have another shake around 7pm before I go and then a bar around 2am which normally sees me through the night. I will drink loads of water and black coffee throughout the night but then I try to curb it after 6am so I'm not going to bed and then waking every 30mins for a wee!! when I get home I would have another shake before bed, then again when I get up and a bar at 2am ish.

I do find some nights harder than others so I always take a spare replacement with me and will have that if needed.

My advice would be to find out what works for you and follow your stomach, as long as that isn't to carbs lol!! I only do shakes and bars so can only say about them. I also find evenings my danger time normally when not on nights so I try and have my packs as late in the day as possible but evenly spaced out. Oddly that doesn't seem to bother me when on nights. I'm working one now and last had a shake at 7pm and still feel ok hunger wise now.

Good luck xxxxx

I do a week of nights every three weeks. First night I go easy on myself and if I am up for so long as to need 4 shakes and a bit of chicken/beef/eggs from getting up Monday to going to bed Tuesday then I go with it - I often end up being up for over 24 hours straight on that first one. Up at 6pm, shower, drink a couple of litres & mooch before work, 'breakfast' shake around 9pm, soup around 3am which is my usual silly half hour, get home around 9am, warm shake and straight to bed. After nights then have my 9am shake, off to bed for 5 hours, up and then a shake or two & a bit of protein in the evening.

You have to be kind to yourself, and flexible about your shakes, but it is definitely doable.

One thing I have noticed is how much less tired I am despite my shifts since starting the diet :) it's a very good side-effect.

Thanks for that its very helpful. I have an interview this week at Tesco working 3/4 nights a week, hopefully I get the job as money is rapidly running out:( The thing that I will find hard is drinking enough water as I will only get one break in my shift 10pm - 6am..............

Hi Sarah, I do nights every now and then and what I do is I have a Shake/Soup before going to work at about 7pm, then I have a Shake/soup again around 2am depending on my break and then I have a Tesco's Meal Replacment Bar at about 5.30/6am to see me through. I use the Shaker i Got from Argos and its excellent for mixing the soups or shakes.

The Item number is 905/1713 and is only £1.99

Thanks thats great, I start this week on nights on 2 though so I think its going to take a couple of weeks to get into a routine, hopefully though it should help with the weight loss as will be lugging trolleys and stacking shelves for 8 hrs a night......

Back