Working on DDs

delama

Hi everyone.

I've been doing this for just a week now and I love it. At the moment I'm at home with the kids, but start back to work in a couple of weeks. Just curious what others do on work days? I'm on my feet all day (student nurse) for 13 hour shifts and wondering if a DD is manageable on a working day. How do you manage? Love to hear from you...thanks

Hi Delama

I'm fine on a DDITO (Down Day In The Office!) but I sit on fat ass all day! :D

P x

me too lol! although i find when im busier on DDs it helps more because im not thinking about food. when its a quiet day i struggle more because im tempted to have another mikado or belvita biscuit which all add onto the calorie intake but if im working on something thats time consuming im far more distracted from the food :) x

Hey I find DD are defo better when your busy, takes your mind off it, I have 2 while I'm working and 1 on a Sunday and the Sunday is definatley the worst!!
I'm a hairdresser and on my feet all day, I don't find I'm any more tired after a DD at work to my UP day! Good luck x

Yep I agree - I can't wait to get back to work next week as it'll make DDs so much easier plus will take my mind if my mad ex!! :) xx

thanks for all the replies everyone. I reckon i'll be fine. and it'll save me having to make meals to bring in with me!!

Actually I think you might find it even more important to take your meals with you. To keep your energy up you should eat at least once during the 13hrs. I'm out in the community as a re-enablement worker so a mixture of on my feet & in the car driving..I'm only part time so my longest shift is 7.5 Hrs...but eating halfway through is essential I find to keep my brain functioning!! Its worth it though!
Good Luck..Jill:)

Back