• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Works christmas do!

clairex

Silver Member
That dress is lovely hun!! :D

I'm wearing the following dress:

Black embellished prom dress - Evening & party dresses - Dresses - Women -

Very annoyed as it's now £84 instead of the £105 that I paid! :(

xxx
Return it and buy it again!

I tried a dress of my sis's on last night that I wanted to wear and it was too small :sigh: need to lose another inch and a half for it to zip up

I was so convinced it would fit and was really annoyed then realised it was a 14 not a 16 like i though, so wasnt as bad as i thought! Still would like to wear it and have a month and a bit to get into it!

i bought a lovely black dress - floor lenght with purple sequins for £6 from british heart foundation. its a size 16 and am chuffed it fits.

am going to carlisle for a big old work do, will be good as only started my job with them 2 weeks ago

wow girls they all sound lovely! I'm sure they will look fab on and got a bit of time yet to shift another few lbs :) well were not having a proper night out this year :( i work in a school so going out last day of term for lunch and its a wednesday so nothing too dressy for me prob jeans a dressy top x

Awww I'm so jealous I work from home have never met any of my 200+ colleagues, only chat to them via msn when working I have no Xmas party to go to, my partner works for Birmingham City Council, he doesnt get a party either :(
This year is the first time in a long time I fancy getting dressed up without feeling like a dogs dinner

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
that dress is gorgeous sian!

and wow almost in a 14 - how bloody fab! and like you say, you've got over a month to get into it :) xxx
Thanks hun! My dress is in an 18 though and it fits at the moment, but had a dreadful feeling earlier that it's going to be too big, so I've taken it back!

I've replaced it with this one though:

Black floral embroidered prom dress - Evening & party dresses - Dresses - Women -

It was too tight in an 18 a month ago but is lovely and snug now! Yay! And it means I've saved £21! I'm going to be doing some self-sabotage over the next few weeks though so that I don't lose any more weight ;) xxx

*honey

Silver Member
Not so much what to wear for me now at target, but the fact I work at 3 separate places and have 3 works dinners/party on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd Dec, then xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day............... think i might not still be at target after that lot.....lol

Awww hun!! Why don't you and your hubby put your glad rags on and go out for your own party? You could invite some of your friends and you'd have a laugh! xxx
Not got any friends, haha I sound like a right sad sack, I'm not I'm a happy soul, not lived here long and with working long hours from home I dont get much chance to meet people, but I will get myself a nice dress and the 2 of us can go out :D

sarah83

I will be a yummy mummy!
Help me decide which dress to pick!!

We've got our office Christmas party (which I organise) in a local bar/club with about 150-200 people.
Our theme is 'dress to impress' as it's our last xmas party before the office closes next year :(

So I've ordered some dresses from Dorothy Perkins but can't decide which one to go for:

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId =33053&storeId=12552&productId=1962773&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId =33053&storeId=12552&productId=2070706&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

Help me girls!!
Really pleased though as ordered 5 in total - all size 16s and they all fit - yay!!

I really like both of them (and I'll need to find a dress for my works do) but I think I agree with Sian on the gathering being flattering.

I like them both too :)

Our works do is at a comedy club this year, should be fun - and no need to dress up posh - I am personally looking forward to wearing a nice pair of jeans I've had for nearly 4 years and never been able to fit into, I think I *will* be able to fit in them this year! Hope so anyway - otherwise I don't know what I'll be wearing :D