WORLD BLOOD DONOR DAY - please give blood

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Hi guys

It's World Blood Donor Day so please if you can give blood do so today.

If you can't today please consider it in the near future as you could be saving a life.

Whilst the World Cup is on blood supplies get very low as not many people donate so please please help.

Go to www.blood.co.uk to see where your nearest session is.

Cheers :D

That's such a shame, the next few wks r crucial as blood gets so low now the world cup is on. Obviously people go out drinking etc & don't feel like giving blood with a hangover x

I tried giving blood with a hangover once, but they wouldn't let me because my iron count was too low!

I can't donate blood as I had a transfusion when I had DS 2 years ago and anyone who's received blood since 1980 is banned. I always feel that's a bit odd - kind of suggests an ongoing lack of faith in the product! Surely if you test negative for the various nasties a year or two after the transfusion, you'd think that would be OK?

Ironically, the blood I received was my husband's and he's a registered donor so he can give his blood but I can't give mine because I've received his!

Donating blood is a very worthwhile thing to do though if you can.

I would love to donate blood as I know it is much needed, but I am petrified of needles :( Would probably pass out before I even enter the room just at the thought of it! I am a registered organ donor though, so thats better than nothing I suppose :)

Wish I could but can't due to previous medical issues :(

I gave blood regularly for over 10 years, but I had to have a blood transfusion myself in 1993 after I gave birth, so now they won't have me :(

If it wasn't for the generous act of donation by others I would not be here to write this and my daughter would be motherless.

I agree with Bigbear, please, please donate. :D

I would love to donate blood as I know it is much needed, but I am petrified of needles :( Would probably pass out before I even enter the room just at the thought of it!

This is something I feel really guilty about .... I've been told I should give blood because I'm type O Rhesus Negative, which is apparently the only type that can be given to anyone without causing them harm. I get so sick and faint at the sight of blood though. I dread having to have blood taken. :(

I have an appointment next week - the transfusion service comes to work. The only issue is the chocolate biscuits they have .....

Thanks for the reminder... I keep meaning to go..
Although last time i donated it was a bit of a disaster and I bled everywhere..
they probably wont want me back again!

I am another one who would love to donate but can not.

I had jaundice ( hepatitis ) as a 3 year old........

Would the fact that I have had cancer also affect my blood ???

xxx

i wish i could but i have a benign brain tumor and cant. But good luck to everyone who can! I am gutted i cant. x

Back