Worried about a weekend away

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
What really worries me about CD, is that how easy it is to lose weight, but easy to put it on, as soon as you eat.. So many posts say the same!

I have come to the stage now, where I am re-considering why I am on it every day. My TOTM has lasted 24 days due to CD and like the loss I have achieved, but probably could have lost more it I hadn't had my TOTM.

Have looked at SW threads, which is low carb and high protein on red days, and losses aren't as quick, but not that different, and with the SW, you can eat.. Isn't it hard? Off for a weekend away on Thursday and will be definately low carbing whist there, I knew it was coming up and made the decision to do that. Really hope I don't gain now, as know on SW, you can do that and lose weight! It has been so extreme and hard to do, that I would be soo disappointed if I gained when I am away.

Has anyone else done this at any time when they have gone away? :cry:

Hi, no experince of it yet but will be away in 6 weeks in America for 2 weeks and will be SS'ing out there :eek: im determined and will do it

Being slim tastes better than a piece of chicken to me that could lead to other foods

Hi Mrs Essex, I can see your point, but realisticly speaking, it isn't practical for me to do that on this weekend away. To jump from Ss+ to maintaining would be good for now.. then to go back to ss for a week maybe when I return, before going back to ss+ again for a few more weeks..:) But its how to do that?

i think moving up the plans would be better than going on to s/w in my opinion. I dont doubt that s/w works for some people, but i think the carbs would end up throwing you out of ketosis and you would end up gaining again, but probably not as much as going s/w.
have you chatted to your cdc about it?
xxx

Not yet, she knows i'm going to be low carbing for 3 days and she advised high protein, lots of water and if any drink then vodka and zero coke. Will see how that goes and if I gain, then, i'll be back on ss for the week to loose. I kind of feel like a prisoner on the CD, as if you sway, you gain, so you automaticly jump straight back to ss, for security.. a bit of a viscious circle. Thanks for the advice :) :) xx

I went away for 2 days i ate and wasnt that careful on what i ate cause i thought im away with my OH he had paid for us to go away and wanted to go for meals and nothing on menu was particulary healthy so i bit the bullet and ate, i have put 3-4lbs on but back on SS 100% now and should lose then within the week, at the end of the day even if you gain its not fat its your body holding on to the carbs and retaining water and sugar, (my CDC explained the science) so dont worry too much hunny just try be careful and enjoy yourself!!!! CD will be here when you get back so dont worry

Hi nikki, hey girl, if you sway on ANY diet you will gain. EVERY diet food based or not, has stages or steps you must go through to maintain or stabilise. I think you are over thinking it. go through the stages, get on to 810 and 1000 for your weekend. you will be eating food and you will be satisfied. You will probably find when you come back down to ss you will have a goos loss in the first week back on it. The totm is how your hormones are reacting to the low cals, you may find it will stop if you up the cals for a couple weeks but like everything, give it time. dont come off CD!this diet works, you just need to experiment a little with which step is good for you. Let your body adjust to whatever new step you go on to. you are doing great

I can tell you how Lipotrim introduce food into the maintaing stage. they introduce a small amount of carbs on day 4-6 (of re-feed) and then up the carbs a little more for days 7-9. If you are worried about introducing carbs and gaining do it this way, very gradually over 9- 10 days. (even so, this is not a CD plan, but something you can o if you HAVE to. Remember, bingeing on carbs is a NO NO, moderation is allowed when done properly)

What really worries me about CD, is that how easy it is to lose weight, but easy to put it on, as soon as you eat.. So many posts say the same!

When you do CD, or any keto diet, the first weeks loss tends to be much bigger than most diets. This is because you lose glycogen/water.

If you go straight back to eating more carbs, the glycogen/water returns. Once it's done that, you have no more chance or regaining weight compared to any other diet.

CD does have plans to stop glycogen gains showing on the scales BTW and they are incredibly well thought out.

I was on SS+ 4 weeks and knew I was going away, did a week of 810 and a week of 1000 then went away. I did not over eat but we ate out most nights with the occasional glass of wine. I even had an ice cream! I could not believe I only put on 2lbs. I am now SS+ for a couple of weeks before going up the steps. It is important to go through the steps stages. My friend at work, who having lost over 3 stone was my inspiration to join CD, she just stopped after SS and put on 10lbs in the first 2 weeks.

Hi Eternal...
Can I address each of your points in turn?

I have spent a lot of time analysing my realtionship with dieting...
When I was on SW, I ate!! In fact I ate a huge amount!! For me when doing SW i never learnt a thing about my relationship with food.... I know it works for some but not all! (Just like CD) My friend is doing SW now, she has lost a stone to my 2.5 stone in about the same time! Also she uses her SYNS to create meals that are not unlike the meals she eats when not SW'ing. She tells me she is not learnign anything.. but as a chef who needs to taste everything, she doesn't feel able to do CD.

As for putting the weight straight back on, the thing is, when you are CD'ing you deplete your Glycogen stores and as such get rid of a huge amount of water that is stored with it. Thus if you go straight to eating a 'normal' amount of carbs you will gain back the glycogen AND the heavy water straight away... the weight gain is not Fat!! With CD the steps introduce Carbs gently which allow the stores to be built gradually without that big whoosh increase.... once you have done the steps, you can eat a normal healthy diet and not gain weight as long as you are eating the same as the energy you are burning (just like any diet)

ToTM is a problem for a lot of people on CD and I believe that this is because female hormones are stored in fat cells, when the cells are depleted quickly it can cause substatial hormonal turbulance for some women... It can be a pain.... I have gone from having hardly any TOTM to having two a month. But I am still losing fat because it is scientifically impossible not to on this diet!

As for eating when away, CD is a really hard diet and takes a load of will power, lots of people find that jumping on and off CD (even remaining in ketosis with low carbing) Can not only cause their weightloss journey to be longer, but can also cause food cravings because people jsut want to eat normal food.... take a look at the amount fo threads where people take a few days out and struggle madly to get back 'on the wagon'

Remember, you are not a prisoner on CD, you are making a chocie to diet this way....
It really can be hard, and it isn't for everyone... but it really is worth it if you can do it....
Good luck with your weightloss journey whichever way you decide to do it :)

xx

I went away last weekend to ireland for a friends wedding and had planned 3 days of eating because i wanted to have a drink and knew i needed to eat in order to do that. In 3 days i put on 10lbs which i was totally shocked with but got straight back on ss and in 4 days had lost 10.5lbs so was ecstatic about that. So dont worry about what you will gain as it will soon shift again when you get back to it. Have a lovely time

Julie, you did amazingly well and I am not putting a dampner on the trip, but if you read the daily posts, not everyone finds it as easy as you... loads of girls and guys really struggle to get back on it...

:)

You have had fabulous losses though.... well done

x

When you do CD, or any keto diet, the first weeks loss tends to be much bigger than most diets. This is because you lose glycogen/water.

If you go straight back to eating more carbs, the glycogen/water returns. Once it's done that, you have no more chance or regaining weight compared to any other diet.

CD does have plans to stop glycogen gains showing on the scales BTW and they are incredibly well thought out.

Thanks KD, this post explained everything I wanted to know!

I went away for 2 days i ate and wasnt that careful on what i ate cause i thought im away with my OH he had paid for us to go away and wanted to go for meals and nothing on menu was particulary healthy so i bit the bullet and ate, i have put 3-4lbs on but back on SS 100% now and should lose then within the week, at the end of the day even if you gain its not fat its your body holding on to the carbs and retaining water and sugar, (my CDC explained the science) so dont worry too much hunny just try be careful and enjoy yourself!!!! CD will be here when you get back so dont worry

Thats a good way of looking at it, thanks Amanda. I'm only going for 3 days to Portugal and will make sure I take advantage of their BBQ'd chicken and fish that they do and salads. I know that by doing that I feel healthy anyway, and TBH, carbs slow me down and I enjoy walking and swimming on hols. My sister and I arranged this 6months ago and I'd rather keep healthy but enjoy it and don't want her to feel guilty either eating in front of me. Its cost enough as well. xx

I agree with all of your posts and thanks for your advice. Have really battled with this weekend away and could have put off CD til after, but didn't and got on it for (will be) 5 weeks before I go away. So, I am at least 15lb lighter for it. If I stay low carb and high protein and do exercise then I think I can manage it and then back onto ss for a week when I return.

So with your posts..I have now learned the importance of going up the plans and slowly introducing carbs, as this was never explained to me when I started by my CDC. But I do now understand the science behind it and will take everyone's advice and thanks you all soo much for your help. xxx

Enjoy your weekend. X

Back