Worried about starting Slimming World again.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Oscaria, 3 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Oscaria

Oscaria Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I joined Slimming World in September 2010, but only went for one week. I just felt it wasn't right for me and tried just eating healthily instead. That hasn't worked at all - I lose weight through going to the gym, then put it straight back on again through eating carb-heavy meals. I'm sick of the cycle.

It's on tomorrow at noon, but I'm quite embarrassed about going back as I only joined one week then disappeared.

I have re-assessed my goals: instead of being intimidated by wanting to lose 3 stone, I want to aim for one stone at a time. I'd like the support of a group to help me get there as I am clueless. I thought I wasn't, but I am.

Has anyone been in my position? I got a bit confused when I heard the food plan, but I suppose I'd get used to it through practice (and advice on here).

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hunni dont feel daft, I bet they see people that have left and rejoined several times, I am sure you will be warmly welcomed back, after all last time may not have been the right time for you, but this time it is x

4. Oscaria

Oscaria Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you. The last time I went in I felt terrified for some reason! But this time I feel the longer I mess around, the longer it'll take to reach my goals. I just want to get to the stage where people NOTICE I've lost weight, lol.

Congratulatons on your weight loss!

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    People come & go at our class, nobody is going to say anything, they may not even remember you joining for one week only.

At the end of the day you are all there for the same reason to lose weight.

6. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    Don't feel embarrassed - we are all there for the same reason. Plenty of people join and then leave, and then rejoin at a later date - you're not the only one :)

Re-assessing your goals is a great idea. Mini-goals help to keep you focused along the way, rather than thinking of the bigger number. Can I suggest though, maybe go for each half stone at a time? I say this simply because that is the way Slimming World seems to work - rewarding you with stickers and certificates for every 7lb you lose! It's simple, but effective - it gives you a boost and really helps to motivate you that little bit more!

The plan can be a little confusing at first - seeing all that free food and wondering how it can possibly be free!? But the key is to read, and re-read your pack and if stuck do not hesitate to ask your consultant, other members, or us lot online for help - it's what we are here for :)

Well done for making that step towards healthier living, and good luck!! xx

7. Oscaria

Oscaria Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone, I went back today and I'm so glad I did!! There were so many girls around my age there this time, and some of them were so tall and slim, I wish I knew how much they'd lost lol!!

I'm going straight back on it, as of today. I have three exams in the coming weeks but the lady told me I had to find time for both. And I think I'll be less stressed if I'm not eating junk anyway. :)

8. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    Well done you for going back and deciding to make a change :)

Slimming World will soon become a way of life, rather than a diet. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple, and the choices are amazing.

Good luck both with your exams, and with Slimming World!
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.