Worried......

Minz

Maintainer
Tomorrow is week 4 WI and I'm worried that I haven't lost or lost very little. The scales is hardly moving at all this week......I don't want to get demotivated by a bad week (even though I've been really good). Any tips to stay motivated?

have you got any old pics and maybe stick them on your fridge or somthing?i have fat pics all over the house and a wee chart to plot my progress silly things like that, its kinda like a star chart. perhaps but a pair of jeans or something in a smaller size and keep them and try them on every now and then :) x

Thanks for the tips Becky.....I have a chart in excel that helps. Was showing a friend some photos of a recent trip and the photo application opened on my CD before photos (cringe!) - had to try get out of it quick smart but I'm sure he was wondering what it was......the jeans thing is good - have so many pairs in so many sizes......maybe need to have the next size ready for when I fit into them. Thanks again.....am probably just being silly, should just go to bed and cross my fingers for tomorrow. xxx

Thanks for the tips Becky.....I have a chart in excel that helps. Was showing a friend some photos of a recent trip and the photo application opened on my CD before photos (cringe!) - had to try get out of it quick smart but I'm sure he was wondering what it was......the jeans thing is good - have so many pairs in so many sizes......maybe need to have the next size ready for when I fit into them. Thanks again.....am probably just being silly, should just go to bed and cross my fingers for tomorrow. xxx

Hi minz :)

Get the jeans out tonight and hang them outside your wardrobe or somewhere where they are the first thing you see every time you walk into your bedroom :)

I'm sure you'll have a weightloss that you are happy with tommorow so keep us posted, either way so that we can all support you.

Lacey xx :D

no problem hun keep up the good work :) x night night :)

Thanks Isis and Becky - will update this thread tomorrow - if weight loss isn't great, think I will get measured again - bound to be a change in 4 weeks! Thanks for listening - nighty night x

Minz that is how i felt on Thur, my weigh in day! But the night before weigh in i tried on some old jeans and they fitted where they hadn't previously. But i didn't feel it in myself at all, infact felt really heavy and urghh but i lost 4lb then today got my totm which is why i probably wasn't feeling any loss. I'm sure you'll be fine but don't worry about it until you know..and if you do sts then cross that bridge when you come to it...and get trying your clothes on. Good luck.xx

Have faith hunni, you know the diet is working. The jeans thing is what I do to and have pics , so all great advice hunni.
Good luck.xx

Well, had week 4 WI and was disappointed to only lose 1lb, but measurements were good - lost 9 inches altogether - most off waist and hips, so am happy with that. I know I'll have a better loss next week - onwards and downwards! Thanks for support. x

Well done on losing the inches, and yes i am going to congratulate you for the 1lb loss. It may not seem at lot, but you have lost some weight, and its much better to lose that 1lb than nothing. So well done, and hope the results continue to grow for you!

Ah thanks Payphone - am pleased with the inches lost and 16lbs in 4 weeks is pretty good too - the michellin look is starting to disappear! x

Good for you, i know you were worried but at least the inches have gone..stay with it and i'm sure it'll catch up with you next week but like said before on here 1lb loss is much better than sts or even gaining.x

I shamelessly stole this from another (non diet) forum I post on:

[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Only One Pound![/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive][FONT=Lucida Handwriting, Cursive]For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
[/FONT]

- Author Unknown
[/FONT]

Thanks for the wise words - I'll never say 'just a pound' again! lol x

I'm reading it over and over cos I am pretty sure that I will have lost 'just a pound' this weigh in too!!!

But look at your losses so far - 23lbs in 3 weeks!!! Did you have something amputated? WOW!

well done on losing a lb hun! Its beeter off than on and your inch loss is fab!

xx

I was thinking two packs of butter slapped under your chin would look pretty significant. Look at the big picture. Sometimes our pesky hormones play up and then you get a sudden whoosh of weight loss. Watch this space for next week. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Guys - The mental picture of 2 packs of butter under my chin is a bit disturbing though! Am looking forward to WI next Saturday :)

Back