Worried

jh1986

Hi all, ive been thinking today, maybe a little too much, but once i lose the weight and go into maintenance im really worried about putting the weight back on?
i mean can you eat normally again once you finish cd, i know you have to eat healthy otherwise no point in doing the diet but can you still maintain your weight by eating your normal 2000 cals a day with exercise etc or do you still really have to watch what your eating?

i mean can you eat normally again once you finish cd,

Yep :clap:
by eating your normal 2000 cals a day

2,000 cals is an estimate. Depends on height, age, weight etc. I maintain on approx 1800 cals :)

do you still really have to watch what your eating?

I do like to look at what I eat or it goes all over the place :)

Thanks KD, - I was wondering about this too. Your responses are always so clear and well informed, I'm glad you are around!

Reactions: KD
Hi,
I am so with you on this one.... I am doing SS.. and this is my 8th week I feel like I dont want to eat again.. and I am scared to eat... Its silly but its strange.. so I know what you mean x

2,000 cals is an estimate. Depends on height, age, weight etc. I maintain on approx 1800 cals :)
KD hope you don't mind me asking but do you not look at fat content then do you just count the calories?

KD hope you don't mind me asking but do you not look at fat content then do you just count the calories?

Don't mind you asking at all :) When I got to goal, I used calorie counting for a while and noted % for fat, protein, carbs. Just to get a grip of what normal eating was about :D

I aimed for roughly 30% fat, 55% carbs 15% protein, though not excessively so, but calories were my main focus. I kept pushing the cals up each couple of weeks until it wouldn't go higher :D 1800 cals worked well.

I haven't counted cals for the last 3 years. Don't count anything now, but know roughly how much I'm having in terms of cals, fat, protein etc :)

Good question i was wondering this too.

I am not going to put this weight back on no way but am really worried about the maintaining.

My cdc said some people carry on having the cd shakes for morning and lunch then have a healthy meal in the evening even for maintaining.

Is it all about calories when you are maintaining or have we got to keep carbs low too or i suppose it is finding the balance thats right for our bodies. I suppose we are all different.

I was thinking i would use the weight watchers meals but they are processed so are they really that healthy?

Hmmm you have opened a can of worms in my head now lol

My cdc said some people carry on having the cd shakes for morning and lunch then have a healthy meal in the evening even for maintaining.
Surely maintenance is all about coming off the diet altogether?? My CDC says that when people get to maintenance he doesn't ever want to see them again (in a nice way as he would like them to stop the same weight.)
Me too:confused:

I couldn't have done that. My aim was to come off diets and do the whole 'change of lifestyle/healthy blah' thing :D

I haven't been on a diet since I reached goal, and wouldn't use them for nutrition as I get everything I need from 'normal' food.

LOL. I could open up a huge can of worms with this one, but I guess people do what they feel they need to do IYKWIM.

I've had to come back to this question, cos it keeps bugging me :D

I'm just curious. Why would I particularly want to look at the fat content? I know the RC diet does this, but most low fat ways of eating are rather dated in mine (and others) opinion ;)

I guess looking at the packet to check that there's not too many unhealthy fats in the product is useful, but most things speak for themselves. Besides, counting fat grams would only be a round about way of trying to estimate, or not eat too many calories.

No problem with answering your question, just curious as nobody ever asks about checking fat content.

Hi all - really interesting thread this one.... I have been feeling exactly the same about "coming off" CD. I'm a way off at the moment, as I still have a stone to loose before getting to my ideal weight. However having had a chat with my CDC on Friday we agreed that I should try moving up to 810 to see how I go (my BMI is now less than 25.) I thought that I would relish the chance to try "normal" food again, but actually I have been really reluctant!! We had a BBQ at home on Saturday, and I couldn't bring myself to eat anything.... I had some salad prepared, and some bits of chicken, but I was so nervous about eating food again I chickened out (no pun intended.... lol.) I feel so good having lost a lot of weight (almost 2 stone... almost!!) and I want to hang on to this feeling... x

I'm just curious. Why would I particularly want to look at the fat content? I know the RC diet does this, but most low fat ways of eating are rather dated in mine (and others) opinion ;)
Maybe because I have been on xenical before where you only just look at fat.:confused: My CDC also said some foods maybe lower in calories but higher in fat because the makers fill it out with rubbish. I want to start eating again soon but not sure what to count:wave_cry:

Maybe because I have been on xenical before where you only just look at fat.:confused: My CDC also said some foods maybe lower in calories but higher in fat because the makers fill it out with rubbish. I want to start eating again soon but not sure what to count:wave_cry:

Hmmn, not sure how the lower calories/higher fat thing would work out because gram for gram fat has loads more calories than carbs or protein? However many of the lower fat "diet" products are often filled out with sugar instead of the fat, maybe that's what your CDC meant?

As for Xenical I have been on that too in the past. My understanding is that you have to pay special attention to the fat content of foods whilst on Xenical because it's specifically designed to prevent you from absorbing around 1/3 of the fat that you eat - eat too much fat and things become...shall we say...messy. Of course if you simply replace your high-fat foods with loads of "healthier choice" type fat-free cakes and the like then you probably wouldn't lose any weight regardless of your fat intake.

Maybe because I have been on xenical before where you only just look at fat.:confused:

Ah, right. Thankyou. Yes, you would need to watch your fat on xenical

My CDC also said some foods maybe lower in calories but higher in fat because the makers fill it out with rubbish.
Agree with Serena here. Low calorie is highly unlikely to be high fat. Fat has more calories per gram than the other macronutrients (protein and carbs). Foods that have been processed to make them low fat are often filled with crap though, so I try to avoid them.

I want to start eating again soon but not sure what to count:wave_cry:
It's all so confusing isn't it.

Every good weightloss system works on calories in some way (SW, WW, Atkins, CD etc) Calories are units of energy. Keep filling your car with petrol without using much and you get one very 'swollen' tank ;)

So, for weight loss purposes, it's calories that matter.

Of course, if you use all your calories on junk, you aren't exactly doing it the healthy way, so most diets will encourage you to use your calories in healthy ways, such as fruit and veg, lean meats, unprocessed carbs, and good fats

That way you get lots of food for less calories :)

Thank you KD for explaining it. It's getting my head round being let loose on food again. It will be back to reading all the back of packaging again, making my shopping trips even longer:sigh:

Im pretty much starting working my way up the plans as of today.. though Im doing a week on SS+ before going to 810.

I have to say Im **** scared! Half of me is tempted to stay on SS until a lose another 7lbs just in case i put on weight going up plans. I just dont want to mess up all my hard work!

Yes I'm scared also when it comes the time to come off SS (on my 6th week) and this thread has been a great source of information. Thanks guys.

glad im not the only one with worries then, we can all support each other, keep smilin :) xx

Hey guys...

I was soooooo worried about gaining weight when I came off CD....but it hasn't happened.

As I moved up the plans, I still continued to lose weight. Now I am maintaining at 9st5lb (5 lb below my initial target weight). I eat a healthy balanced diet e.g Cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast. I take Salad, fruit and a cereal bar for lunch at work. Then something like fish or chicken with a Baked Potato and veg for dinner.

I do allow myself occasional treats (Wagon Wheels are my current favourite !), and I will also go out for a meal with friends and have what I fancy ! At first, I wouldn't - but now I know that an occasional nice meal out or a few treats will not make me pile the weight back on !

My weight gain before doing CD was due to consuming too much wine on a regular basis, and also huge portion sizes.

CD really gave me the time and the opportunity to address these issues, and I will not allow myself to go back to those bad old habits.

Hope this has helped ease your minds slightly...

Libs

Hey guys...

I was soooooo worried about gaining weight when I came off CD....but it hasn't happened.

As I moved up the plans, I still continued to lose weight. Now I am maintaining at 9st5lb (5 lb below my initial target weight). I eat a healthy balanced diet e.g Cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast. I take Salad, fruit and a cereal bar for lunch at work. Then something like fish or chicken with a Baked Potato and veg for dinner.

I do allow myself occasional treats (Wagon Wheels are my current favourite !), and I will also go out for a meal with friends and have what I fancy ! At first, I wouldn't - but now I know that an occasional nice meal out or a few treats will not make me pile the weight back on !

My weight gain before doing CD was due to consuming too much wine on a regular basis, and also huge portion sizes.

CD really gave me the time and the opportunity to address these issues, and I will not allow myself to go back to those bad old habits.

Hope this has helped ease your minds slightly...

Libs

Libs

Well done you thats fab!!! you are a real inspiration !:):):)

Thanks so much for the reassurance it is fab when you hear good stories and people actually being able to maintain.. because alot of people say you wait to you stop the diet you will put it all back on!!!

I am sure you look fab and feel so good and I cant wait to be at that stage myself well done you!!!

keep smililng :)

Back