Worst Start Ever!

so i had a fantastic approach to the diet but i had a bad cold over the weekend which ive still got now!

basically i stuck to the diet but over did it with extra veg including the ones that arent allowed such as carrots... do you all think this is going to be a big problem for me..

i dont even feel into the diet anymore im gutted!

and ive still got this cold!

I'm pretty new to the diet, so far from an expert, but I would think that if you are going to overdo it on anything, veg isn't the worst thing to go wild on! Well done on sticking to it as well as you have when you've been unwell.

It doesn't seem that surprising, when you are ill, your mind wouldn't be as focused on the diet, but I'm sure in a couple of days, when you start to feel better, your motivation will kick back in. Maybe just try and get as much rest as you possibly can, and give yourself some head space. And, when you feel up to it, maybe remind yourself of your initial motivations for starting S & S?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi,

Am also new to this plan, so don't want to look like I'm sticking my oar in, but am a seasoned pro at most other diets and can see so much of myself in your post.

Draw a line under it, pay yourself on the back for only having slipped up with veg and not choccies or chips, and start again fresh...not tomorrow, not Monday, not after auntie Edna's birthday party next month...now!! I am the first to find a reason why I can't do anything, and am determined this time to find reasons why I absolutely CAN do it. And you can do it too!!

Sit and remember why you were so motivated last week, and although its much easier said than done, just start again.

Good luck and big hugs, hope you're feeling better soon, perhaps persevering with it will help as we all know how vibrant and healthy being in ketosis can make us feel!

:)

To be honest, veg actually is a pretty bad thing to go mad on. Veg = carbs. Carbs = no ketosis. No ketosis = hunger all over again! Also leads to gains/slow losses. If anything, you're better off going mad on protein like chicken, tuna etc. You need to stick to the veg list because if a veg isn't included in it, it's because it's too high carb.

Back