Worst week ever :-(

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some inspiring words of encouragement to keep me going....weigh in is tomorrow and this is the first week I've lost focus. I'm expecting a gain without a doubt (alcohol, Chinese, McDonald's, no gym :-( ) and don't know how to cope really. In the past the minute I've gone off plan I've given up but I really don't want to do that this time. Should I go to group and face the music or give myself another week to make up for it?!

Everyone has a bad week every now and then - its what makes us human!

Go to class, brave the scales and draw a line under it. You can do it xxx

Definately go to class, otherwise it might get worse! (believe me!!!!) As last poster said, go and then draw a line under it, good luck xxx

As the other posters have said, definitely go to group because at least you will know the damage (if there is any) and then you can draw a line under it and start a fresh. Im the same, it only takes one thing and then it blows me off course but whereas before the whole week would go wrong now I try my hardest not to let it affect the whole week, its hard but You can do it! Hope everything goes well for you :)

I can't remember who on here says it but a fab phrase to remember is that if you have a vase of flowers and one dies, would you throw them all away? Of course you wouldn't, you would get rid of the bad one, forget about it and enjoy the rest :) don't throw a week away for one bad day.
Go to group, ask for whatever help you feel you need to get the reins back again and be inspired :) xx

law3a3m said:
Hey everyone! I'm looking for some inspiring words of encouragement to keep me going....weigh in is tomorrow and this is the first week I've lost focus. I'm expecting a gain without a doubt (alcohol, Chinese, McDonald's, no gym :-( ) and don't know how to cope really. In the past the minute I've gone off plan I've given up but I really don't want to do that this time. Should I go to group and face the music or give myself another week to make up for it?!

I lost motivation for 2 weeks ate all sorts of rubbish and drunk loads complety out of character since doing s/w since Jan and lost 2.5 stone and weighed in only 0.5 lb gain, go to weigh in and draw a line under it xx

Hi I have had the worst week and have tried my best to get back plan without success. I was going to avoid weighing this week with the excuse that I was at my mums but I have decided I will get weighed tomorrow at a different group otherwise I will carry on as I am and have a even more massive gain than I already have when I get home next week. Sw for me is for life and I know I will have times when I go off the plan but through experience I am now stronger and will just have to face my gain and carry on losing weight. Go to group it will help, everyone has off weeks xxx

I had a bad day in Tuesday, got wi tonight and if I have gained I won't be surprised as I feel bloated. If I have lostiwill be delighted!
i will still go to group though as I think it's important to keep on track.
sometimes life gets in the way, we are only human x

Go back to sw. A few months ago I had a bad week. I ate choclate, crisps, take a ways ( several different types) ect. I want back and put up 3.5 lbs which I had gone in 2 weeks. With this 3.5lbs I weighted 18st13.5lbs - this week I weigh 17st7.5lbs. If I did not go back to sw I would ended up back at my starting weight 21st3lb.

Thank you guys! I went and I gained 2.5lbs which I think was getting off lightly! This week I've been much more syn-conscious and made sure I've got my 1/3 Superfree- back to basics! Unfortunately I'm doing night shifts for the first time since starting SW and although I eat less whilst on nights historically I bloat, become constipated and retain water like nobody's business so I'm dreading this week's weigh in too! I'm gonna try my hardest to eat the same and still do some exercise! Xxx

Well done for going still, it's really tempting to not go or even go, weigh in and run, but these are the times you need to stay to group and get your inspiration and enthusiasm back from hearing the other members stories :)

Onwards and downwards :)

Thank you guys! I went and I gained 2.5lbs which I think was getting off lightly! This week I've been much more syn-conscious and made sure I've got my 1/3 Superfree- back to basics! Unfortunately I'm doing night shifts for the first time since starting SW and although I eat less whilst on nights historically I bloat, become constipated and retain water like nobody's business so I'm dreading this week's weigh in too! I'm gonna try my hardest to eat the same and still do some exercise! Xxx

well done for going back

i sympathise on the night shift - husband used to do them and he had all sorts of problems - stick to plan, you already know you have problems, if you have a small gain, once your nights are over at the following week's wi you will see a very good loss - my husband used to

make sure you have your HEB every day and try and drink as much water as possible = keep everythign moving so to speak, good luck x

well done! I reluctantly went to group after a week of all inclusive in Tenerife and put on 6 1/2 pounds. Thankfully, you can draw a line under it and accept whats done is done and know that it can only get better :) xx

Well done on going back to group Law3a3m. Really glad the gain wasn't as bad as you'd feared. As previous posters have said, we all have bad weeks. It's important to go back to group though as a bad week can lead to a bad month then a bad year and finally back to square one or so. Believe me, I've done it!

Morning I'm in the same boat , but am going to class lost 5.5 pounds so far and just had a bad week think I've stuck it all back on ! dinner at friends,drunken macdonnals wine lol over 2 days!
Need to keep focused, I can't make my class this week due to shifts so I'll slyly get weighed and get focused for my class next week ! Xxxx

Back