wot an idiot i am

cheekylau

Just gotta get this off my chest and any help greatfully received. Last nite after a good day i went on a mad binge for absolutely no reason must have had about 60 syns on s**t. Have no idea why it happened but i couldnt stop it. This week im meant to be trying to maintain and now Dont no wot to do. Do i carry on increasing my heb or should i go back to extra easy for the rest of the week and hope i havent done any damage. How about syns should i use them or not. Grrr really kicking myself how can i have come this far and let this happen. Sorry for waffling just had 2 clear my guilty conscience

If I were you I would go back to extra easy for the rest of the week, still allow myself syns but don't go overboard, maybe 5-8? Really don't worry about it, it's brilliant you've managed to reach target! We're all going to have blips sometimes but aslong as you aren't completing falling of track because of it, I wouldn't worry. And if you gain, you gain. Atleast you know why.

IMO I would just carry on as normal, if you restrict your syns you're more likely to fall off the wagon again, take a deep breath and put that one evening into the context of your week, increase your superfree and drink plenty of water and forgive yourself x

Thanks just cant believe i done it i never done it at all the whole way 2 target and now i have achieved it im sabotaging it already. At least i have got it out in the open now been dwelling on it all day. Thanks for the quick responses

If you think about it logically, 60 syns is only about 1,200 calories - and it takes 3,500 to gain a pound. So don't stress! Just get back on track, don't cut down, and realistically if you gain it should only be about half a pound, if that. Hope that's reassuring!

Thanks for the response today hasnt been much better but 2moro is a new day and im back on plan 100%. I have learnt my lesson though it so wasnt worth it feel awful 2day and thats why i struggled again 2day.

The only thing you have to do now is just make sure that one blip doesn't result in a full week of blips! It's so hard, but I find reading through a SW mag or looking at new recipes you want to try a good way of giving you a kick when you need it. Or if you have the time actually try something new, remind yourself why you love sw!
Reduce your syns for the rest of the week. You'll do great!

Im awake and feeling much more positive i had 48 hrs off plan but its not gonna beat me. Will b 100% for the rest of the week and hope i can claw it back without a gain on Monday. Thanks for all the advice and reassurance Dont no wot i would have done wivout this site.

Fantastic poem thanks for that mite copy it out and put it on the fridge just incase x

Im going to say one thing which noone else has and its regarding a statement you made saying and i quote

"Have no idea why it happened but i couldnt stop it"

The simple truth whether you care to admit it or not is that anything that passes your lips (unless its for a medical reason) is a choice, it was totally under your control, and ok so you chose to eat some bad stuff...

Its not the end of the world, what you do from this point forward is take responsability for it and get back on track with the rest of your week, if its maintaining then you carry on with your maintaining because in the grand scheme of things you arent going to have gained enough in one days binge to take you outside of your buffer zone anyway.

So simple answer is get back on track asap and use the way you feel now to make the right choice next time!

thanks for that i definitely wont be making the same mistake again Dont wanna ever feel like this again.

Back