would anyone recommend Exante porridge or water flavours?

Kelstar

Hi

i am about to start exante. I am just ordering my pack. I love the idea of the porridge- can anyone recommend it - does it taste nice? also wondering is the porridge like the bars or can you have it more than once a day? I was hoping that it would be ok to have porridge, a shake and a bar everyday but worried that bars and porridge together may to be many carbs. Also is it worth ordering the water flavours?

thanks for any advice.

kelly

Hiya,
I'm new to the exante diet too, i'm starting tomorrow i've made up all my water with the flavorings for tomorrow and had a cheeky taste. I've got to say they are quite nice, not being a lover of water myself. However since this i have read they are quite high carb content, don't know whether this is true or not but think i'm gonna steer clear incase they interfere with Ketosis. On another note the pots look massive on the website, they are quite small each one has 100g in the pot, a teaspoon (5g) flavours 250ml of water. So when you think, you drink around 2-3litres of water a day, they don't go very far. Personally i'm not going to reorder the flavorings, but if i had to recommend a flavour it would be the blackcurrant, to me it tastes just like blackcurrant cordial. Hope this helped and good luck with your weightloss :)

Hi Kelstar - I think the porridge tastes OK, texture is nice once you add the right amount of water - to your liking. You can add cinammon for extra flavour. No problem with having a porridge and a bar on the same day - I had 2 x porridge yesterday - I just treat the porridge as a normal shake. Good Luck

The porridge is okay. It has the same taste and texture as the usual stuff to me. Usually I'm not keen on it but since I don't like the soups it's nice to have something warm. I put a couple of sweeteners in instead of golden syrup and works quite well. I've only tried the orange flavour so far. It's okay but the powder with no water tastes nicer! Besides making a flat 'muffin' out of the chocolate shakes can anyone suggest anything else to make them slightly tasty? I don't mind any of the other shakes but the chocolate one is just 'Ugghh!

I only used to like the soups and didnt really like any of the shakes but ones tastes seem to change and now i can't face any of the soups and love the shakes so it has comletely turned round.

However i can only drink the shakes hot with some sweetner in as can't get them down when they are cold. The chocolate one hot with sweetener is almost like a lovely hot chocolate and it is my faveourite so maybe trying it like that might help for you.

I haven't tried the porridge yet. Think i'll order some too once my shakes run out.

I really like the porridge and it is really filling and it is feels nice as you are actually eating something substantial Tasha x

hi

thanks everyone for your really helpful comments. have ordered one pot of the flavouring just to try and the porridge as i like the idea of actually eating something warm. Husband just text to say my order had arrived at home- am very excited about starting tomorrow. fingers crossed

I use to think cold water was the best to drink but can suggest room temp water as I find this easier to drink in the quantities required.

paulkelly-1471 said:
are you able to drink coke zero on exante?

Yes have a look around the forum there is a thread that tells you what you can have, you can also have Dr pepper zero and some flavoured waters ie. Tesco still apple water! Yum x I prefer asda diet cherry cola its cheaper and tasty x

I use to think cold water was the best to drink but can suggest room temp water as I find this easier to drink in the quantities required.

i do exactly the same... room temp is much easier for me to get down...
As for water flavourings i get pots of the camb diet ones from a local counsellor... the orange one is yummy .. most camb diet sellers are happy to sell them to you as they make money doing so....

exante water flav are poo i think and very high in carb compared to Camb diet ones xx

Back