Would exercise burn off syns?

This is my first week in slimming world and for some reason I had it in my head that it was 17 syns a day not 15 so I have gone over! I have also started doing a lot of exercise, I was hoping that it would help burn of those extra syns?

Welcome to SW, it takes a while to get used to things so I wouldn't worry too much in week 1.

Have you done a full week yet? If not, I'd have low syns for the rest of the week, say between 5-10. Or if it's your first week, chances are a couple extra syns a day won't add up to v much compared to what you would have eaten pre-SW

I don't think it's a good idea to try to use exercise to compensate for syns, it's not part of the SW plan (there is no way to measure it anyway... there isn't a formula for X amount of exercise = Y syns)

Thank you, my first weigh in is today (fingers crossed)
I think I will try to keep to low syns next week and try to make up for it that way, hopefully the combination of that and the exercise will help me get back on track. Thanks for your advice!

Cant see it affecting weightloss much especially in your first week. Of course exercise will help but dont see it as "if I run this far I can have ?syns"

Also an extra 2 syns a day works out as 40 calories a day which is 280 over a week - so not a huge amount.

Unfortunately unlike ww you can't earn syns by exercising.
What my consultant says is food optimising is for weight loss and exercise is for toning and helping you along.
It really is 80% food and 20% exercise well unless you are working out for 3 or 4 hours a day like on biggest loser !

make sure that if you suddenly up your exercise that you drink more water and eat more super free. Otherwise your body will panic and hoard the fat to use as fuel for the exercise!
But yeah just put it behind you. It's a small mistake so don't worry too much. :)
How did your weigh in go? xx

Unfortunately unlike ww you can't earn syns by exercising.
What my consultant says is food optimising is for weight loss and exercise is for toning and helping you along.
It really is 80% food and 20% exercise well unless you are working out for 3 or 4 hours a day like on biggest loser !

Phew ive never been a gym bunny but have been worried i will gain with my fractured foot over the next 8 weeks you have pit my mind at rest ...toning up can come later as long as i keep losing even a little a week im,happy

Back