Would you even bother to buy one??

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
I've seen them advertised previously but Aldi now have the dinky 1-egg fry pans @ £1.99 so now seen 'in the flesh'.

I just don't get it - even if I'm doing a single egg, I still use the same pan I'd use if I was doing 2, 3 or 4. Also, I think the flames of my smallest hob would still lick over the sides :wave_cry:

I also have a heart shaped one... and it's never been used at all. And anyway, I already have two frying pans....that's enough lol

Minimunchkins said:
I've seen them advertised previously but Aldi now have the dinky 1-egg fry pans @ £1.99 so now seen 'in the flesh'.

I just don't get it - even if I'm doing a single egg, I still use the same pan I'd use if I was doing 2, 3 or 4. Also, I think the flames of my smallest hob would still lick over the sides :wave_cry:

I bought one from Argos (£8 on offer!!) & use it everyday :) on smallest hob full its fine - I wouldn't be without mine & will be buying a spare from Aldi next week (if they still have some) :) x

no, I'd not buy one because I am very conscious of the wasted energy of not having a properly covered hob light.
I even get annoyed with my smallest pan because it's just that tiny bit too small, but I can't justify a slightly larger one as it's a le creuset and although it was second hand, it was still not cheap...
I don't like seeing the red light! it reminds me of electricity being paid for and not used. I've very much an "if the oven isn't full it doesn't go on" type person too.

I know I'm not alone, they're just not for me.

PS: I cooked two meals in one pan earlier. pasta for me and a boiled egg for minime.

I got my brother a single egg frying pan as a joke present for Xmas but he finds it useful for his morning bacon and egg sandwich as its just the right size for the bread lol

Back