Wow how easy it is to pile on the syns...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Honeyoc, 9 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    And equally easy to stay on plan!

I've been craving a comfort food I used to eat a lot when I was in Uni. Stirfried instant noodles with cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, lots of chillies served with a boiled egg and steamed green beans. I know it sounds weird but it definitely hits the spot!

Just comparing what I had for dinner last night (totally off plan) and what I had for dinner tonight (on plan). I ate the same thing both nights but I'll just do a comparison to see what a difference a few tweaks make.

Yesterday
    Sainsbury's instant noodles (10 syns) stirfried in 1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns) tomatoes, garlic, onions (0) a boiled egg (0) and steamed green beans (0). Pint of orange juice (11)
    2 scoops Ben & Jerry's baked alaska ice cream (20)
    Total = 47

Today
    Batchelor's low fat noodles (0) stirfried in 1 tsp olive oil (2 syns) tomatoes, garlic, onions (0) a boiled egg (0) and steamed green beans (0). Pint of sugar free grapefruit cordial (0)
    2% Greek yogurt (0.5) with 2 tsp honey (2)
    Total = 4.5

WOW! Just goes to show how easy it is to stick to the plan and how equally easy it is to spectacularly fall off the wagon :eek:

Last edited: 9 July 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Wow! I've never thought of it like that. The proof is shocking. SW is amazing; you can eat practically the same things, but without the syns :)

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's a great way to see how some of us actually got to where we were when we joined SW (if that makes sence!!)

I sware we never ate a "yunk food" "bad" diet pre SW, but just used the wrong foods or mixed the wrong foods.

Good comparison there Honeyoc :)

5. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Exactly!! I never used to eat vast amounts of junk, it's just things like orange juice, mayonnaise, butter, nuts etc that all add up.

louisedan likes this.
  6. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    hi hun i think when your pregnant if you crave things like orange juice your body needs more vit C. Well thats what the midwife said to me, i literally drank it by the bucket loads in the first trimester along with ginger biscuits to try and keep the sickness at bay. I know that SW is healthy for pregnancy but i think if you want a glass of orange then have one (hope i dont get slated now lol) x

7. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    You're right lol, if I *have* to have an orange juice then I will. But I'll start with fresh oranges first to see if that satisfies the craving.

8. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow seeing it like that really brings it home how easy it is to go well and truly off track :eek:

9. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Great thread - really illustrates how small changes can make all the difference... Thanks Honeyoc!

ZXXXXX

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.