Wow, when I think of it like that...

Emma1904

Working on it
Hello,

Just thought I'd share this!

I have come to the end of my CD journey now as I am going in for surgery to have my gallbladder out and it's just got a little too expensive so I'm off to Exante for a while at least until I can get a job! but...whilst on this VLCD and having the support of you wonderful wonderful people I have lost 61lbs of fat... that is 61 of these (in the picture!)

It makes me feel all warm and squishy inside!! xxx

Attachments

• 1lbfat.jpg
    1lbfat.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 43
well done on your weight loss and hope that your op goes well.

Ah that squidgy pound of fat is the best! Keeps me motivated. Well done on your losses :) I'm back on Cambridge after indulging on my honeymoon- well skiing burns lots of calories and I was starving all the time!

Hope everything goes well with your consultation.

wow thats great well done hun.
when u look at that way it does make you realise how well you have done.
my cdc told me told i had lost 7.5inchs of my waist and when she showed me on a tape measure that looks brill

Mine used to put tetras in one of the thick woven tesco bags and make me carry it to the door...once it got to three stone I could barely pick it up! Scared me to realise that I used to carry that around my body! x

Wish i had the strengh to do a VLCD, I have tried them before and only lasted 5 days at the most. I have 9 stone to lose and I want it gone now! I hate waiting for stuff so I really want a fast result. How do you guys get by without food? xx

Wish i had the strengh to do a VLCD, I have tried them before and only lasted 5 days at the most. I have 9 stone to lose and I want it gone now! I hate waiting for stuff so I really want a fast result. How do you guys get by without food? xx

It is HARD, I won't lie. Some people find it easier than others. It took me 2 weeks to get into the swing of things, but now I am feeling a million times better :D

Which VLCD did you try before? Do you have support at home? Any friends who would do the diet with you?

:)

Hello,

Just thought I'd share this!

I have come to the end of my CD journey now as I am going in for surgery to have my gallbladder out and it's just got a little too expensive so I'm off to Exante for a while at least until I can get a job! but...whilst on this VLCD and having the support of you wonderful wonderful people I have lost 61lbs of fat... that is 61 of these (in the picture!)

It makes me feel all warm and squishy inside!! xxx

I'm thinking "ewww" and "wow" at the same time! I wonder if they have some for sale...

Nope. No support at all. My boyfriend is a trainee Chef and loves cooking me meals and showing me what he's learnt! & I'm quite happy to eat it! :D lol.. oops But I have ate too much and put 3 stone on in the last year since I have become unemployed.

I did the cambridge diet last time. I lasted 5 days and I cheated nearly everyday, 1st day I had a cupa soup insted of the actual soup because it "smelt less powdery!" 2nd day I had a pack of go ahead biscuits y'no the ones with 3 in the little packet, 3rd day I had a massive glass of orange juice and the 4th day I had a banana lol. It wasnt like major things but I felt so **** because I kept cheating after sticking it out all day on the 5th day I just crumbled and stuffed my face with toast and gave up. My family comforted me by saying that the diet was un-natural and obviously didnt suit me as I have always loved my food! I thought deep down yeah thats half the bloody problem lol!

I dunno what 2 do? should I give it another shot! I can't let myself get any bigger! I'm already pretty depressed at the size I am :( xx

you have to be strong for first few days cheating will only make it harder. keep busy find packs you like i like the chicken soup but don't love it so i don't have them. you have to really want your packs i love the maple and pegan porriage i have that twice a day and a shake for other meal usually hot or now made into moose.
you need to really want to do it hun and believe you can because if you don't you will fail.
you need to get your boyfriend on your side sit him down explain how much this means to you tell him it won't be forever. show him the book and tell him you will him to think and cook you great meals as you move up the plans.
good luck hun you can do this you just need to believe you can

Nope. No support at all. My boyfriend is a trainee Chef and loves cooking me meals and showing me what he's learnt! & I'm quite happy to eat it! :D lol.. oops But I have ate too much and put 3 stone on in the last year since I have become unemployed.

I did the cambridge diet last time. I lasted 5 days and I cheated nearly everyday, 1st day I had a cupa soup insted of the actual soup because it "smelt less powdery!" 2nd day I had a pack of go ahead biscuits y'no the ones with 3 in the little packet, 3rd day I had a massive glass of orange juice and the 4th day I had a banana lol. It wasnt like major things but I felt so **** because I kept cheating after sticking it out all day on the 5th day I just crumbled and stuffed my face with toast and gave up. My family comforted me by saying that the diet was un-natural and obviously didnt suit me as I have always loved my food! I thought deep down yeah thats half the bloody problem lol!

I dunno what 2 do? should I give it another shot! I can't let myself get any bigger! I'm already pretty depressed at the size I am :( xx

It's horrible, isn't it? The bigger you get, the longer you know you're going to have to be on a diet. You start working out just how long it'd take you to lose the weight at a rate of 2 pounds a week, horrify yourself, then take solace in a litre of ice cream. I know, cos I've done it. Nearly all of us here have done it. :D That's why doing Cambridge or another VLCD is so tempting.

Now, it might be right for you to have another go at a VLCD. But that rather depends on whether you could bring yourself not to cheat. Because if you're going to cheat, you're not going to see the 4-5lbs a week losses that you'd get if you didn't cheat. You might lose 2lbs a week instead - or, depending on how much cheating you do, no weight loss at all. :eek:

What other diets have you tried? If you're like the rest of us, probably everything, right? :D Have you ever tried low carbing (Atkins or something similar)?

I just decided and did it...no secret formula or anything, not very helpful I know but that's how it worked for me! You have to be totally in the zone! X

I'm thinking about doing slim fast and having 2 shakes and a cuppa soup and a bowl of tuna salad for my evening meal, Il have fruit (Strawberries and a banana) and low fat yogurt for snacks as well and orange juice. Just need to get in the zone.
I’m not really a fan of the taste of any Cambridge stuff; I did like the chocolate tetras that were the only thing I enjoyed. I don’t understand is how I can want to be skinny so much but why i don’t help myself out!! It’s very frustrating. I don’t like hunger; it’s not that I miss food.

Lol Lily, Your right I have done nearly every diet, I just can't get on with them, weightwatchers I felt like I was eating too much, CD not enough, Atkins I got quite poorly tummy, Cabage soup.. I nearly puked at the smell, Got ripped off with "Go Lower" at xmas and had to fight to get my money back, (They charged me £2400 for 6 months worth of food! which id never agreed to) I'm at the end of my witts now! I dont really like CD shakes :( I'm not sure what too do? xx

If you liked the chocolate tetras you could have 21 of them a week. Some people do, I was ok with the taste of other shakes so tetras all the time wouldn't work for me but i know people get by quite happily on them. If you miss food you could always combine it with SS+ and have a lean protein and veg meal x

Yeah I could do. Do you think that would work? I got told the tetras are creamier and taste better unlike the watery shakes we would make at home. For the meal would that be a piece of chicken and veg? Sounds ok to me.
Just a random question but do you think drinking slim fast 3 times a day would be the same? Someone asked that question on one of the other forums and I was curious. xx

I only have tetras as well :) In fact, my CDC told me that it's quite common. I tried the bars and didn't like them. So I'm back to my trusted tetras. I just make sure to drink a little bit more water to compensate.

I'm not sure about slimfast though. Isn't it supposed to be used only for very short term? I'm sure someone will be able to give you more detail soon :)

Yeah I could do. Do you think that would work? I got told the tetras are creamier and taste better unlike the watery shakes we would make at home. For the meal would that be a piece of chicken and veg? Sounds ok to me.
Just a random question but do you think drinking slim fast 3 times a day would be the same? Someone asked that question on one of the other forums and I was curious. xx

It totally works! three of them a day with about 3 litres of water and then if you wanted it a small piece of grilled chicken breast and some green or white veg (be warned though it is only a small amount unless you wanted to do the 810 plan where amounts are a little larger) instead of chicken you can have something like quorn pieces, 2 eggs, white fish, chick peas, lentils or cottage cheese (there is a list on the Cambridge FAQ's somewhere).

Drinking three slimfasts a day won't work, VLCD have been worked out to give you your essentials recommended daily allowances of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, slimfast have a lot more sugar and stuff, they're not designed to be a total food replacement.

xxx

I'm really considering going back on to CD if I am aloud Tetras all the time. My last CDC said that I was only aloud 1 a day. :S

Thank you to everyone thats helped me and answered my questions I am starting to feel like I am getting somewhere and my confused little mind is calming down as I think I know what I am going to do. Just got to do it now! lol :) :).

x

Back