WW Defector - Giving SW a go

Maria2206

Silver Member
Hello everyone

I tried SW ages ago, had initial success but then really struggled. I have some books and did subscribe online as I could not make any of the local classes and in hindsight, I was doing things wrong. Feeling disillusioned, I went back to WW, lost a fair bit of weight but have signed regained it all - mainly because I have had a bit of a sugar addiction recently which I firmly believe was primarily triggered by having a stressful job.

I have given a lot of thought to which plan I want to follow and I believe SW encourages better eating habits and is better supported on this forum. The down side is I am not a very good cook!

So anyway, here I am and I look forward to getting to know some of you whilst I find my feet with this plan over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Maria

Welcome back Maria x

Thank you Maria 22 and Green eyed monster.

Wow thanks Jesse Mages. I haven't heard either of those tips before but I will certainly give them a go. I drink a lot of decaff tea and coffee but certainly not enough water. It will be easier to make more effort with that now that the warmer weather is here.

I have definitely not been hungry when I have been eating sugary foods - just had overwhelming desires for it. I have been kidding myself that I am going out for a lunchtime walk but have headed straight to the shops for M&S cookies - and eating them all to myself! I will give the apple tip a go (and walk in the opposite direction to the shops at lunchtime).

Feeling super positive today. I have spent the last two days with my nose in the SW books and I think I understand it now. I was definitely over-eating last time i tried this plan. I am pretty sure today is looking good:

B - Coffee with skimmed milk (HEX A - Includes milk for rest of day as well)
L - Mustard chicken (free) with swede mash and broccoli and green beans (Superfree)
Sugar free jelly and 1/2 mullerlight (free)
D - Jacket potato (free), tuna in brine (free), 1 Tbspn low fat mayo (SYN = 2), salad (superfree), 7 olives in brine (SYN = 1), homemade coleslaw, inc LF Mayo (SYN = 2). FF Yogurt (free) with fruit cocktail (HEX B).
SUPPER - Skinny decaff cappuccino made with 1/4 pint skimmed milk (SYN = 3)

I will try hard not to eat between meals unless I am genuinely hungry, will drink plenty of water with sliced lemon in and will reach for an apple when hit by sugar cravings.

Jeepers creepers, I can't eat any more!! I think I will be short on a HEX B today. My jacket potato was the size of a small rugby ball.

I assume you're doing Extra Easy - certainly your menu for the day is EE - but I'm not sure about the fruit salad you've classed as HExB. If it was homemade, then it will be Free, but if tinned then there will be Syns. If there is one which can be used as a HExB then I'd love to know about it, but you get just one B choice a day on EE.

i've not come across Jesse's tips either!

I assume you're doing Extra Easy - certainly your menu for the day is EE - but I'm not sure about the fruit salad you've classed as HExB. If it was homemade, then it will be Free, but if tinned then there will be Syns. If there is one which can be used as a HExB then I'd love to know about it, but you get just one B choice a day on EE.

i've not come across Jesse's tips either!

Hi there, thanks for the help. I didn't eat the fruit salad in the end so there's no damage done if I am wrong.
I am using old material which may be out of date but the list is meant to be "neutral" HEX's and under "b choices" it lists "397g fruit cocktail, canned in juice". It also says the weight includes the juice.

Don't rely on that though as it may be way out of date and may not even apply to the EE plan! I have never been to a SW class and could easily go hopelessly wrong...!

Asda chosen by you fruit cocktail in a tin can be classed as a HEXB for 200g according to the app. Hope this helps. X

Asda chosen by you fruit cocktail in a tin can be classed as a HEXB for 200g according to the app. Hope this helps. X

Thanks Steph. x

welcome to Mini's Maria :wavey:

I'm an ex weight watcher too (I did it 3 times!) SW works so much better for me, on WW I was hungry all the time, and all the counting does my head in :) On balance I lost precisely nothing with WW (because each time I only lost about 20lbs and then put it all back on again, and more). On SW I'm over 5.5 stone and counting :)

good luck!

welcome to Mini's Maria :wavey:

I'm an ex weight watcher too (I did it 3 times!) SW works so much better for me, on WW I was hungry all the time, and all the counting does my head in :) On balance I lost precisely nothing with WW (because each time I only lost about 20lbs and then put it all back on again, and more). On SW I'm over 5.5 stone and counting :)

good luck!

Thanks Clair. I have always sworn by WW in the past but over recent years I done the same as you - put it all back on plus a few more pounds. I am hoping SW will instill better habits so that I eat more healthily.

It's very inspirational to read how much weight people at SW have lost - yourself included. You must be very pleased with your loss so far.

Thank Maria, I am really pleased. I truly believe SW, in comparison with weight watchers, gives you a much better education in healthy eating and the skills to keep the weight off for life.

I eat out always once and often twice a week as well, and I find SW much better for managing that :)

Hi Maria and welcome to Mini's. Like Clair, I think SW is brilliant, with hardly any weighing too! I love that you can eat such a wide variety of foods too so you never lose interest. Good luck and hopefully be hearing lots from you.

Kathy x :)

Back