WW & IBS

Loser85

Gold Member
Restart next wednesday and have also recently been diagnosed as having IBS. Realise losing some weight and eating a better diet is likely to help. Thing is when i get an 'attack' as i call it i get really bloated. Any other sufferers get this and does it affect weight loss??

I have IBS too! Earlier this week I felt really bloated and had stomach ache- had a sneaky weigh in (on weds) and had gained 2lb - ate daily pp only and started on my IBS medication and felt erred - ended up losing 0.1lb (at WI on Sat!)

I hope that you manage to control yours - I started with it 3 years ago so any questions, fire em straight at me! :)

I had it when off plan but since starting Ww it has stopped altogether!

I've always been ok when on WW but stress sets mine off and I've got a very busy few days at work that I'm getting worked up about that have set it off! :-(

Stress and new situations set me off. Have an interview tomorrow so suffering today. I take Buscopan for the cramps and general Anti - d'rea tabs when needed. (daily atm!) Anybody know of a gentle anti d'rea tab that can be taken daily without causing long term ill effects? I know some can cause more problems later down the line ie not going properly without the tabs.

Good to know there is other IBS sufferers out there. Afew people ive spoke to about it just seem to see it as a bit of a funny gut. If bloody only! Gets that bad that i cant leave the house sometimes.

Loser85 said:
Stress and new situations set me off. Have an interview tomorrow so suffering today. I take Buscopan for the cramps and general Anti - d'rea tabs when needed. (daily atm!) Anybody know of a gentle anti d'rea tab that can be taken daily without causing long term ill effects? I know some can cause more problems later down the line ie not going properly without the tabs.

I don't suffer with d'rea I'm afraid so I can't comment on that one - sorry!!!

Does anyone else get really bad headache with it too? It's awful - my worst time was the first time and I felt like I had a brick in my stomach an the worst headache ever-I was at my best friends wedding and was the biggest party pooper - no way I could get up and dance :-(

Last edited:
Stress was what brought my ibs on but I guess the low fat diet really helps!

Loser85 said:

Good to know there is other IBS sufferers out there. Afew people ive spoke to about it just seem to see it as a bit of a funny gut. If bloody only! Gets that bad that i cant leave the house sometimes.

I normmally just take imodium, only other thing i can think of is to try and emllimnate what it is that gives u it. Mine is caffiene and dairy products bt i cant go without dairy i find it hard so tend to limit the amount i have

Back