WW Meetings - please help

Sooshine

I went to my first meeting yesterday with the free voucher, everyone seemed quite nice though not especially friendly - unlike here where you all seem lovely ;)
Anyway I'm not sure if I want to go back or keep doing it by myself. So I have a few questions that someone can maybe help me with...

My WW weigh in was 146 in the evening but on my scales 144.6 in the morning. Not too much of a difference but which should I choose? As I initially weighed myself on my own scales I want stick to judging my weight loss by them & If I keep going maybe see if the difference is the same every week.

According to the folder if I keep going for 5 weeks & lose 5lbs I can become a gold member & wont have to pay for any further meetings (as I want to lose more than this) - am I reading it correctly?

When I talked to my leader about alcohol she told me that 1 measure of vodka was 0.5pts but in the 'shop' book it is 1 - I have been drinking G&SLT's which I though were 1pt is this right? If she is correct I may have to change my tipple!!

Also one of the main reasons I went was to find out more info on AP's but leader said I shouldn't count them or even think about them until I get the insert in week 3 as I wouldn't be able to handle so much information at once :confused: Obviously a ploy to get people to come back, but not v helpful as I am on only 18pts and have several Bdays, BBQ's & nights out coming up that I need to save for. I have been using the AP calculation that I found somewhere on this site;

Light Activity = weight x mins x 0.000232
Moderate = weight x mins x 0.000327
Heavy = weight x mins x 0.0008077

Does anyone know if this is accurate or not? and would you class EA Active as light or moderate? I had it on medium setting & my legs were killing me :p

Also my leader said I could save up to 24pts per week from my allowance & spend them all at once but I heard you are not meant to spend more that 12pts on food - does that mean I can spend the rest on booze? hee hee:party0036:

So if youv'e managed to plow through my mammoth post I hope you can help me please xx

i weigh in in the morning as your at your lightist,, you have to reach your goal weight in order to qualify for free membership,,also a lot of people dont use there activity points,,i dont anyway

My WW weigh in was 146 in the evening but on my scales 144.6 in the morning. Not too much of a difference but which should I choose? As I initially weighed myself on my own scales I want stick to judging my weight loss by them & If I keep going maybe see if the difference is the same every week.

If youre going to classes STOP using your home scales. If theyre showing a difference its only going to get confusing. Stick with the class weigh in

According to the folder if I keep going for 5 weeks & lose 5lbs I can become a gold member & wont have to pay for any further meetings (as I want to lose more than this) - am I reading it correctly?

Hmm I dont think so, I dont think you can join WW if your only 5lbs away from goal. Is that really all WW say you need to lose??

When I talked to my leader about alcohol she told me that 1 measure of vodka was 0.5pts but in the 'shop' book it is 1 - I have been drinking G&SLT's which I though were 1pt is this right? If she is correct I may have to change my tipple!!

I think some vodka is half a point but really if youre a G&SLT fan its probably not worth changing for the sake of half a point :)

Also my leader said I could save up to 24pts per week from my allowance & spend them all at once but I heard you are not meant to spend more that 12pts on food - does that mean I can spend the rest on booze? hee hee:party0036:

No, you can only use 12 APs a week, not banked points. See she had a point about overloading you with info ;)

Someone else will advise about the APs :)

Thanks for your help.

I think I will keep going for a few weeks just to give it a fair shot. I will try to use their scales but unfortunately am a bit of a scaleaholic & I love my scales which give 0.2 increments, body fat & water % so may have trouble giving them up :wave_cry:

WW didn't tell me how much they thought I had to lose so another reason to go back - but in folder it says goal can be between BMI 20-25 which for me 5ft3 is between 113 and 141 (min join weight 118) so if I lose 5lbs I will be max healthy BMI.

Ahhh so its 12 AP not allowance - so I can spend any banked allowance points on whatever then. She didn't tell me about the AP's obviously but wasn't v clear about how saving allowance points worked.

No no no - I need more info - I want it all right now (stomps foot in childish tantrum:p)

Back