WW Meetings - please help

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sooshine, 17 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Sooshine

Sooshine Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    I went to my first meeting yesterday with the free voucher, everyone seemed quite nice though not especially friendly - unlike here where you all seem lovely ;)
    Anyway I'm not sure if I want to go back or keep doing it by myself. So I have a few questions that someone can maybe help me with...

My WW weigh in was 146 in the evening but on my scales 144.6 in the morning. Not too much of a difference but which should I choose? As I initially weighed myself on my own scales I want stick to judging my weight loss by them & If I keep going maybe see if the difference is the same every week.

According to the folder if I keep going for 5 weeks & lose 5lbs I can become a gold member & wont have to pay for any further meetings (as I want to lose more than this) - am I reading it correctly?

When I talked to my leader about alcohol she told me that 1 measure of vodka was 0.5pts but in the 'shop' book it is 1 - I have been drinking G&SLT's which I though were 1pt is this right? If she is correct I may have to change my tipple!!

Also one of the main reasons I went was to find out more info on AP's but leader said I shouldn't count them or even think about them until I get the insert in week 3 as I wouldn't be able to handle so much information at once :confused: Obviously a ploy to get people to come back, but not v helpful as I am on only 18pts and have several Bdays, BBQ's & nights out coming up that I need to save for. I have been using the AP calculation that I found somewhere on this site;

Light Activity = weight x mins x 0.000232
    Moderate = weight x mins x 0.000327
    Heavy = weight x mins x 0.0008077

Does anyone know if this is accurate or not? and would you class EA Active as light or moderate? I had it on medium setting & my legs were killing me :p

Also my leader said I could save up to 24pts per week from my allowance & spend them all at once but I heard you are not meant to spend more that 12pts on food - does that mean I can spend the rest on booze? hee hee:party0036:

So if youv'e managed to plow through my mammoth post I hope you can help me please xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i weigh in in the morning as your at your lightist,, you have to reach your goal weight in order to qualify for free membership,,also a lot of people dont use there activity points,,i dont anyway

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Someone else will advise about the APs :)

5. Sooshine

Sooshine Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Thanks for your help.

I think I will keep going for a few weeks just to give it a fair shot. I will try to use their scales but unfortunately am a bit of a scaleaholic & I love my scales which give 0.2 increments, body fat & water % so may have trouble giving them up :wave_cry:

WW didn't tell me how much they thought I had to lose so another reason to go back - but in folder it says goal can be between BMI 20-25 which for me 5ft3 is between 113 and 141 (min join weight 118) so if I lose 5lbs I will be max healthy BMI.

Ahhh so its 12 AP not allowance - so I can spend any banked allowance points on whatever then. She didn't tell me about the AP's obviously but wasn't v clear about how saving allowance points worked.

No no no - I need more info - I want it all right now (stomps foot in childish tantrum:p)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.