WW - Newbie & worried about using the extra weekly points!

Hi guys :)

Started on Monday and loving it so far.. i'm soooooo scared of using my extra weekly points, i had a sneaky look on the scales and i know it can change but it's working so well for me, It just seems too good to be true that I can have all these extra points!

Will it affect my loss? How do you use yours, do you have a big splurge? or do you split and use them daily?

xx

Started on Monday and loving it so far.. i'm soooooo scared of using my extra weekly points, i had a sneaky look on the scales and i know it can change but it's working so well for me, It just seems too good to be true that I can have all these extra points!

Will it affect my loss? How do you use yours, do you have a big splurge? or do you split and use them daily?

xx

Hiya fairycake and welcome. Some people find they only lose when they use ther weeklies its really trial and error for everyone. I keep mine all for a sunday so i dont worry about what i eat and have lost every wk except 2 in the last 33 wks. See what works best for you. Good luck x x

the same as what goose says really its trial and error..

Some weeks i use all my 49, some i use none and some weeks i might only use a few but so far in 9 weeks iv lost 18.5lbs so cant be all bad!

fairycake_? said:

xx

Hiya,

I have been a weight watchers leader in the past (when the plan was called switch and then discover) and I was still a leader when they was rolling out the training for the Propoints plan, I was even involved in the trials and I can honestly say the weeklies are there to be used as and how you see fit, but the underlining advice, is they are there for you to use or you lose them.

Basically WW have taken 7 Propoints from your daily allowance and put them in a "safe bank" for you to use during that week. There is now no more saving points an carrying them over as there was before. This plan is designed around real life to make this plan successful for the long term instead of just a quick fix for you to lose weight.

The old plans use to allow you to save a maximum of 4 points a day an carry these over for another day in that week. WW found that people were starving themselves to save these points up to have on a weekend when they were out or practically starve themselves for the rest of the week after the weekend. Obviously not many people could keep up with this and gave up on WW and lapsed.

So that was why the weekly Propoints were designed to allow for flexibility and for real life.

Before you could save 4 points a day, in other words 28 points a week. It is like ww telling you back then to reduce your daily points by 4 a day and put this in a safe bank for you for later on in the week instead of saving points up.

So these extra 7 Propoints a day is taken into consideration when working out our Propoint daily allowance and are automatically subtracted from your daily allowance (a bit like savings)

I know some people claim that using all of these weekly Propoints may not work for them, and I am in no way disbelieving them whatsoever, I just think there may be more to it than the weeklies to blame. Obviously using these weeklies could possibly result in a slower loss, but that's the key to long term weight loss and management success (no deprivation)

Remember WW is a diet organisation and are only as successful as their members, so thy would not benefit from designing a plan that may not work for people. It goes against all they preach. Remember every successful weight watcher will rave about the programme and word of mouth gets round.

My advice is to not over think things and to believe an trust in the Propoints plan and the benefits will be so rewarding.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Davey1984 said:
Hiya,

I have been a weight watchers leader in the past (when the plan was called switch and then discover) and I was still a leader when they was rolling out the training for the Propoints plan, I was even involved in the trials and I can honestly say the weeklies are there to be used as and how you see fit, but the underlining advice, is they are there for you to use or you lose them.

Basically WW have taken 7 Propoints from your daily allowance and put them in a "safe bank" for you to use during that week. There is now no more saving points an carrying them over as there was before. This plan is designed around real life to make this plan successful for the long term instead of just a quick fix for you to lose weight.

The old plans use to allow you to save a maximum of 4 points a day an carry these over for another day in that week. WW found that people were starving themselves to save these points up to have on a weekend when they were out or practically starve themselves for the rest of the week after the weekend. Obviously not many people could keep up with this and gave up on WW and lapsed.

So that was why the weekly Propoints were designed to allow for flexibility and for real life.

Before you could save 4 points a day, in other words 28 points a week. It is like ww telling you back then to reduce your daily points by 4 a day and put this in a safe bank for you for later on in the week instead of saving points up.

So these extra 7 Propoints a day is taken into consideration when working out our Propoint daily allowance and are automatically subtracted from your daily allowance (a bit like savings)

I know some people claim that using all of these weekly Propoints may not work for them, and I am in no way disbelieving them whatsoever, I just think there may be more to it than the weeklies to blame. Obviously using these weeklies could possibly result in a slower loss, but that's the key to long term weight loss and management success (no deprivation)

Remember WW is a diet organisation and are only as successful as their members, so thy would not benefit from designing a plan that may not work for people. It goes against all they preach. Remember every successful weight watcher will rave about the programme and word of mouth gets round.

My advice is to not over think things and to believe an trust in the Propoints plan and the benefits will be so rewarding.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for this post, as a newbie it helps me to have faith in the plan. I was just thinking today I couldn't believe what I had eaten but I'm being 100% and I'm sure it will show up on the scales on Wednesday.

I can only tell you my experience with weeklies:

I didn't knowingly use them in the first few weeks. Then from week 4 I started using them because I didn't want to be SCARED about using them. I still lost weight. I continued using them and lost weight. A few weeks ago, after only losing 1lb I wanted to see if by NOT using them I would lose weight. I still used about 10 (accidentally) and managed to lose 2lbs. And this week I've only used 4 so far (weigh in is tomorrow when it refreshes). So hoping for another decent loss of at least 1.5lbs (want to reach my stone!).

To sum up: try it. It's better to try it now and see how it works for you. How much nicer would life be if you can have 49pp extra and still lose weight?! If it doesn't work, then use less next week. If it still doesn't work then don't use them (or look at what you're using them for).

As for how I use them, I just used a few extra each day - but felt I was snacking alot more when using them...

xx

I use all mine. I need somewhere to go when I platue so will unwillingly start cutting down on them then.

I have used them all this weekend, so I will see on Wednesday what the scales say! In the past I was always a saver of points (on the old plan) and someone who wouldn't use them, and I began to plataeu! xxx

Have you decided to use any hun?

Sooo.. I used about 30ish of them last week.. like a few others have said I wanted to use them for something to cut down when I plateau! I weight in yesterday and have lost 5lbs :) . . I cant believe how much just having those weeklies have helped, all the other times i've tried weightwatchers all I've thought about was having a take away, and now I know I can have one, I dont seem to mind as much! :) I just feel I can be social and not have to avoid girly night out's and lunch with friends because I dont want to go over. Yay :) Hope it continues to work, good luck everyone x

Sooo.. I used about 30ish of them last week.. like a few others have said I wanted to use them for something to cut down when I plateau! I weight in yesterday and have lost 5lbs :) . . I cant believe how much just having those weeklies have helped, all the other times i've tried weightwatchers all I've thought about was having a take away, and now I know I can have one, I dont seem to mind as much! :) I just feel I can be social and not have to avoid girly night out's and lunch with friends because I dont want to go over. Yay :) Hope it continues to work, good luck everyone x

Wow 5 lb is fantastic, well done you x x

I have the same fear! On my 5th week of ww and have only used about half of my weeklies during my 3rd week and the others I stuck to my dailies. The week I used some of them I had my biggest loss so far, but I still have a worry in the back of my head that I won't lose if I use them even if the scales are telling me different.

fairycake_? said:

5lbs is ace well done, I've used all my weeklys the last two weeks and managed to lose 6 1/2 pounds, so using them seems to work for me, I will continue using mine until my weight loss slows down or plateaus also :) , good luck with the rest of your journey x

I used all my weeklies this week and lost 5lb so I deffo have found.faith in the plan :)

Back