WW online or Gym membership ??

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
What do you think lads and lasses... which is going to be or more use :confused: joining WW online or a gym membership ???

I have read on one of the posts about how tempremental the WW site can be, and am really wondering if its worth the monthly fee to subscribe to it!!

Or do you think would have more 'fun' & 'enjoyment' (if that can be had at a gym. :D by spending my pennies there.!!

Difficult choice. !!

I do know WW points system fairly well, and know the basics and still have my trusty old database so can work out the points on most things, and I know how many to have a day!!

But know at this stage now I need to be getting more exercise ...but can I drag myself down to the gym a couple of times a week, will I have the willpower to keep going!! :confused:

I dont know what to choose for the best!! :eek:.

What do you think. :)

Deb x

Tricky one!

I pay £9.95 a month for WW online (and managed to skip the registration fee), I also go to the gym (ahem.. well try to anyway!) twice a week to a "pay as you go" gym which is about a fiver a go.

Perhaps you could do a pay as you go gym rather than fork out the HUGELY HUMUNGOUS fees some of them charge?

Sarah, what benefits are there to the WW site. Its so long ago since I was there I cant remember. I must admit I thought it was dearer that £9.95 a month.

thanks everyone.

Am off to check an aquafit session out tonight (as long as dont fall asleep first :) ).... so going to check out the rest of the facilities that the centre has.

If I have been reading the paperwork right if I join up for £25 a month, I can then use the gym, go in the pool or do any of the fitness classes I want.

So given that if I went 3 times a week, at £3 or £4 a session...I would be saving money on paying out PAYG fees.

Plus I can use any of the other 3 centres which has different fitness classes etc...so if I got fed up of doing an aerobic session I could do some line dancing for a change!! :D .

Going to have a good looksee tonight. Will let you know how get on.

Deb x

I'd say the gym would be more beneficial (if you are consistant in its use).

However, it's nice to have the 'monitoring' effect of a group - even if it's online. What about checking this one out? I heard someone was doing pretty well using it as a resource and the website doesn't sound as temperamental (plus the first month is free - so it doesn't cost anything to test it out! ;) )

Closer Diets - Home

I'd say the gym would be more beneficial (if you are consistant in its use).

However, it's nice to have the 'monitoring' effect of a group - even if it's online. What about checking this one out? I heard someone was doing pretty well using it as a resource and the website doesn't sound as temperamental (plus the first month is free - so it doesn't cost anything to test it out! ;) )

Closer Diets - Home

thanks Debbie, will have a look at that site.:)

Never got to the aqua class/gym last night... buy the time we had done the weekly shopping, sorted tea out and I had checked on the many animals etc...it was too late and i was too shattered! :(

I think I have to think about a gym membership very carefully as for me certainly in the week, time just gets away from me.

Hubby doesnt think it would be worth me joining, and reckons I am just going to find it too difficult to find the time in the week. (hes probably right --- and usually is :mad: !!)

So for now, its swimming and stepping :) and maybe a bit of home DVD exercising. :D ...and perhaps save up the pennies I would have spent of the gym membership and have a nice treadmill at home instead. !! :D

Thanks.

Deb x

I would do both personally, I am going to WW on Tuesday to get my books etc, Do you have one of those 30 minute workout places for women only where you are?, I looked round one and felt I could spare 30 mins 3 times a week, and the one in Ciren is Standing order so if one month you couldn't afford to go or if you were going on hols for 2 weeks, just canx your Standing order at your bank and rejoin when you get back, ours in £32 a month.

Back