WW & Pregnancy

marie0101

Hi,

Not sure where I should have posted this, but just a quick one- i'm early in pregnancy and i am wondering whether its ok to follow WW as normal?

I'm assuming it would be ok as its really just eating healthily and not too much - we can still eat what we want..... but on WW website it says not to follow it?

I cant get appt with GP for a while so not really sure what to do.... want to carry on loosing weight healthily but dont want to do any damage to baby!!!

Should I carry on, or scrap points and just eat healthily??

Dont want to end up gaining loads during the pregnancy, especially as im early on!!

thanks xx

Hi hun

I'm a midwife and we usually advise not to do weight watchers whilst pregnant, as you shouldn't be restricting your calorie intake in pregnancy, which WW does.

It is safe to do slimming world whilst pregnant, as that restricts certain food groups, not calories - although the calorie intake does tend to be lower as a result of the food groups chosen!

If you just concentrate on eating healthy foods and avoid high fat/junk, you'll be fine! The aim in pregnancy is to stay the same weight, not to lose it, once you give birth however it will show as a loss!

Hope this made sense!

I've no idea but I'm 8 months pregnant- had been so sick first 6 months I lost weight!! I had totally struggled with my weight before I got preg.

Ive now only put on 9lb - my advice, just try to eat healthy and don't worry- main thing is to look after yourself and the baby x

Oh and meant to say cause I was so sick it had stunted my appetite- I just eat whatever I want.

There was a lady that did a maintenance plan whilst pregnant but she also put all her food into my fitness pal to make sure she was getting enough Cals I think u can find out on Internet how many Cals u should be having! This lady was following the simply filling plan tho and she was at 20 weeks and only gained 6lb!

But u need to d'o what's best for u and ur baby!

Simply filling is really really similar to slimming world just with more bread if that helps

Back