WW Tomato Soup. Disgusting. Read the ingredients ?

chips with everything

Silver Member
I used to be a fan of WW Ready Meals and products. Then, somewhere along the line, a lot changed.

I have just had my first can of WW from Heinz Tomato Soup for a long time. My first sip, I could barely swallow, it was SO incredibly sweet. Tried again, then poured it down the sink. Checking the ingredients, it has 8.2g of added sugar per small can plus a very dodgy sweetener, called acesulfame-potassium. Tomato is naturally sweet, so why load it with added sweetness?

Google and you will find that Acesulfame K as it is called, stimulates insulin secretion so possibly aggravates reactive low blood sugar attacks and is also linked in some camps to cancers and tumours. The tiny can of soup also has 1.3g fat and sodium. Why ? I have read that large processed food manufacturers want to drop Nutrition Info from labelling. That must never be allowed to happen.

Thats why I don't eat anything that comes out of a tin or packet where I don't know what the ingredient is or can't pronounce the word.:)

Spot on cavegirl. Sweeteners are such a worry, they are everywhere and often hidden in diet foods and even in low calorie mixers. Reputedly bad for young children and during pregnancy as they can affect brain function & development. A good piece of advice seems to be, read the ingredients and if it reads like a chemical formula, or has things that your grandmother would not have heard of or recognised as food, then avoid it like the plague.

I do feel angry that multi-billion £ global companies such as Heinz and Coca Cola could be risking our health. Profit before People. chips xx

there was a very interesting documentary on a few months ago about weight watchers food products, it does open your eyes to what crap is in them. i think in moderation they are ok, as long as hey dont make up most of your diet. theres no denying they are convinient. one thing i remember from the documentary was about WW ice creams having like 30-40 ingredients, only about 2-3 recognisable ones. compared to haagen dazs that has 5 ingredients all recognizable.
its worth checking on youtube if its on there if you are interested in it. think its why weight watchers is winning or something, presented by jane norman :)

Oh dear, I really must read the ingredients of weight watchers products before I buy them.

Oops not Jane Norman was Jane Moore and its weight watchers how they make their millions

I used to be a fan of WW Ready Meals and products. Then, somewhere along the line, a lot changed.

I have just had my first can of WW from Heinz Tomato Soup for a long time. My first sip, I could barely swallow, it was SO incredibly sweet. Tried again, then poured it down the sink. Checking the ingredients, it has 8.2g of added sugar per small can plus a very dodgy sweetener, called acesulfame-potassium. Tomato is naturally sweet, so why load it with added sweetness?

Google and you will find that Acesulfame K as it is called, stimulates insulin secretion so possibly aggravates reactive low blood sugar attacks and is also linked in some camps to cancers and tumours. The tiny can of soup also has 1.3g fat and sodium. Why ? I have read that large processed food manufacturers want to drop Nutrition Info from labelling. That must never be allowed to happen.

Their cans of baked beans are also full of the same sweetener and sugar, which is obviously why they are disgustingly sweet at well. Don't usually buy them, but a friend bought them. No excuse when there are natural sweeteners like Stevia etc. Was about to throw cans into rubbish, but will give them to local food bank collection, but even feel wrong doing that.

I will be ringing them tomorrow to complain. Should be interesting. Last time I rang Customer Service were quite abusive although I was polite and factual, when I complained about a pizza :eek: chips

Back