WW Tracker wants me to reduce ProPoints to 27 daily

moonwatcher

Gold Member
So, a bit of background info - I have lost 33lbs in about 10 months - 16lbs of this on Slimming World and 17 on WW. Not an especially quick loss I know, but averaging about a pound a 'working' week - by that I mean if you take off a few weeks over Christmas and New Year, and a really awful time in my life in April and May when I was off plan, it comes out at around a pound a week. The thing is, I still have over 6st to lose to get to my first target, and I'm small boned, so may end up reducing this more when I get there.

The online WW tracker wants me to reduce my points to 27. I know this is technically correct as I have checked it on another calculator too, and I suppose my age (50) and height (5ft 2in) account for it, but it seems low to me when I still have 6 stone plus to go. As the minimum is 26 points I don't feel that reducing to 27 now leaves me very much leeway over what is likely to be a longish journey ahead! I don't want to set myself up for a failure by trying to stick to it and failing.

At the moment I am averaging around 20 - 30 Activity Points a week, having built this up from around 10 a week (well actually from around nothing a week at the start!) Generally I don't use these - although some weeks I dip into them a little, and a couple of 'bad' weeks have used them all. I accept that the weeks I do that I will probably STS, as this is about a lifestyle change to become a 'normally slim' person, by making long term changes which will help me to stay slim and healthy, whilst at the same time accepting that in the real world, bad weeks happen. After all. 'naturally slim' people sometimes overeat, and sometimes don't exercise.

I know that the counter-argument is that if I drop to 27 points then I may lose the weight more quickly, and can then move onto a maintenance level sooner, and of course I would love to lose it quickly, but after literally years of failed dieting I have come to realise that a quick fix, for me, becomes a quick failure! I am eating happily and more healthily now than I have for years. It could be more healthy some days, but there is always room for improvement! I am also toning up and becoming fitter. I wonder if I drop to 27, then I may end up dipping into my APs more often, and that is surely similar to eating more daily points, but not using the APs! Well mathematically it is similar, but I think psychologically it wouldn't be so good for me!

Anyway I'm waffling now! If you've got this far, then thanks for reading! I know ultimately the decision is down to me but... thoughts anyone?

Feel free to take a look at my diary http://www.minimins.com/weight-watc...mwwwd-moonwatchers-weight-watchers-diary.html if that would help with any comments.

If you still have 6 stone to lose i would stick to whatever points your on now... i wouldnt drop just yet ...

I have 1 stone 8lbs to lose and im also on 27pp.... but im also 5'7 so obv height etc all counts towards it ...

thats just my 2 cents! :)

Maybe stick to what you are on now but eat less of your weeklies or drop to 27pp like it says, still eat your weeklies and then when your losses slow down or stop then start using less weeklies xx

Hey Hun.Ive seen people stick to their points whilst still losing so if you don't feel ready for moving down yet,Leave it.

nessa123 said:
Maybe stick to what you are on now but eat less of your weeklies or drop to 27pp like it says, still eat your weeklies and then when your losses slow down or stop then start using less weeklies xx

Makes sense :0)

Thanks for your thoughts ladies! I've decided to stay on 29 for this week anyway and have signed up to MyFitnessPal to track the calories etc. I've not even looked at the calorie totals each day since I started WW - have just been trusting the points.

I work in a school and so am on a long holiday now (yay!) - which means I'm hoping to exercise 'properly' 5 times a week instead of 3 (don't really do much exercise on school days or weekends) so with that calorie deficit I will see what happens. I must admit I'm tempted ... even half a pound more off each week is nearly 2 stone in a year, but on the other hand I don't want to lose it too quickly for my skin to recover and I definitely don't want to crash and burn by feeling deprived. I think I'll give it a few more weeks as I am while I track on MFP and then have a re-think after that. :)

I stuck to 29 for a while when ww changed the daily pp in jan I still occasionally have 29 dailies per day & still lose & I usually use at least half my weeklies may have to drop to 26 now & decrease weeklies I use to get my last 3lb off, I would stick to what ur on atm xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

how do you know when it wants you to drop? It keeps telling me it has dropped my points and can stay on 29 if I want, but when I check my points nothing has changed :S

My cal tells me when I need to drop

how do you know when it wants you to drop? It keeps telling me it has dropped my points and can stay on 29 if I want, but when I check my points nothing has changed :S

Which tracker/calculator are you using? On the WW online one you adjust your points in 'settings.' It automatically adjusted mine down and I had to manually change it back to 29. Dom't know why yours wouldn't, unless you have manually changed it before, and it has retained that setting?

moonwatcher said:
So, a bit of background info - I have lost 33lbs in about 10 months - 16lbs of this on Slimming World and 17 on WW. Not an especially quick loss I know, but averaging about a pound a 'working' week - by that I mean if you take off a few weeks over Christmas and New Year, and a really awful time in my life in April and May when I was off plan, it comes out at around a pound a week. The thing is, I still have over 6st to lose to get to my first target, and I'm small boned, so may end up reducing this more when I get there.

The online WW tracker wants me to reduce my points to 27. I know this is technically correct as I have checked it on another calculator too, and I suppose my age (50) and height (5ft 2in) account for it, but it seems low to me when I still have 6 stone plus to go. As the minimum is 26 points I don't feel that reducing to 27 now leaves me very much leeway over what is likely to be a longish journey ahead! I don't want to set myself up for a failure by trying to stick to it and failing.

At the moment I am averaging around 20 - 30 Activity Points a week, having built this up from around 10 a week (well actually from around nothing a week at the start!) Generally I don't use these - although some weeks I dip into them a little, and a couple of 'bad' weeks have used them all. I accept that the weeks I do that I will probably STS, as this is about a lifestyle change to become a 'normally slim' person, by making long term changes which will help me to stay slim and healthy, whilst at the same time accepting that in the real world, bad weeks happen. After all. 'naturally slim' people sometimes overeat, and sometimes don't exercise.

I know that the counter-argument is that if I drop to 27 points then I may lose the weight more quickly, and can then move onto a maintenance level sooner, and of course I would love to lose it quickly, but after literally years of failed dieting I have come to realise that a quick fix, for me, becomes a quick failure! I am eating happily and more healthily now than I have for years. It could be more healthy some days, but there is always room for improvement! I am also toning up and becoming fitter. I wonder if I drop to 27, then I may end up dipping into my APs more often, and that is surely similar to eating more daily points, but not using the APs! Well mathematically it is similar, but I think psychologically it wouldn't be so good for me!

Anyway I'm waffling now! If you've got this far, then thanks for reading! I know ultimately the decision is down to me but... thoughts anyone?

Feel free to take a look at my diary http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-food-diaries/263816-mwwwd-moonwatchers-weight-watchers-diary.html if that would help with any comments.

What did you decide to do in the end?

it's esource- I don't want it to change but it automatically keeps telling me it's dropping and i need to manually change to keep on 29- I'm only on my second week and my calculator says 29 :S must just be a mistake x

I stuck to 29 for a while when ww changed the daily pp in jan I still occasionally have 29 dailies per day & still lose & I usually use at least half my weeklies may have to drop to 26 now & decrease weeklies I use to get my last 3lb off, I would stick to what ur on atm xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, I'm going to stay with what I'm doing for now and think about changing it when I find I'm really dissatisfied with my rate of loss (as opposed to just would like to lose it quickly!!!!) After all, you can't argue with someone who has lost over 7 stone! ;)

moonwatcher said:
Yes, I'm going to stay with what I'm doing for now and think about changing it when I find I'm really dissatisfied with my rate of loss (as opposed to just would like to lose it quickly!!!!) After ll, you can't argue with someone who has lost over 7 stone! ;)

Nope..if it ain't broke etc ;0)

Back