WW vs SW what do you all think?!

Miss_c1985

Hi all

Im a newbie on these boards and have lost a lot of weight previously with WW so I know it's a plan that works

But 4 weeks ago I joined SW with my friends and its been a constant struggle

Just wanted to hear everyone's views and has anyone tried both of the plans

Thank you x

hi there, I've also done both and they both work but weight watchers is for me it gives me the boundaries that I need, with slimming world I just filled up on free foods and struggled with portion control huge bowls of pasta bolengnaise etc countless eggs and baked beans just made me maintain and I struggled to cut down on my meal sizes. sw is healthy eating though as you cook mostly from scratch with fresh produce. i'm sure you will get a lot of advice and views from everyone on here.x good luck with your weightloss journey.

I have done both cut on SW I tend to over eat and at the end of the day I think it's all about cals in and out and with SW I was taking in too many so I have come back to WW as I know this plan works x

ive just joined ww online today, aslo switching from sw. i only managed to lose a few lbs on sw. the whole eat as much as you want wasnt great for me as i need to learn about portion control. so fingers crossed i have more success with ww. i have about 6 st to lose :( good luck to you xx

I have also switched from sw to ww and im the same sw just wasn't teaching me portion control and I know it works but didnt teach me lower portions and not eating for the sake of it

I've done sw for years and loved it and never thought I'd ever do weight watchers but I got to target on sw and then put it all back on plus extra and since Xmas have been doing ww and lost 2 and half stone since xmas and am loving ww. I have been doing filling and healthy up till now and lost the weight this week however i've done pp and have to say I'm enjoying the flexabitity of points,will see what scales say this week as to which one I do next week !my portions were huge on sw but now my portions are much smaller and I find because of this when I do have things like cake or Choc I'm satisfied on much less of it which is good xx

I have just started WW (online) after a relative amount of success with Slimming World, and then almost a year of putting it all back on (Hey, at least it took 10 months!). I think Slimming World is great, although when considering what I would do to lose this weight, I thought I would try and do something else. Both plans clearly have their pro's and con's - I think as mentioned before, SW is not so great in helping with portion control. I also found that it's slightly deceptive in terms of just how convenient it is - although there's an 'eat as much healthy food as you like' rule, I found the counting of syns and healthy extras got a bit much in the end. AT WW, if I want a wholemeal pitta with my lunch, and some pasta for tea, and some porridge for breakfast (or no starchy foods at all) then I just have to point it. Not work out out where I stand with Hex b and syns.
I ddn't think I'd want a plan where I counted points all day because I find calorie counting to be really tedious, but it's already helping me think about my portion sizes and even as someone who cooks from scratch every meal, I find the online site really helpful for working out recipes.

I did sw for a bit loved it but portions were huge and it just didn't sit we'll with me, I am in my first week of ww and loving it so far. Love the freedom and portion sized much more normal.

Back