ww vs sw

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Dancing, 9 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Hi, (I have posted this in three places in hopes of getting replies :))

Is there anyone who has done both diets? If so, which do you prefer and why?

Also, what is the average weight loss per month on each of these diets.

Thanks peeps

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shazza2971

shazza2971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.99%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I have done SW in the past, but currently doing WW. I prefer WW as I am not the worlds best cook and rely on Cooking sauces etc, which were too many sins on SW.

On WW I don't feel that I am dieting as nothing is a sin, however if I am not careful with my points then I end up eating more than I should.

When I was on SW I cut drink out completely as I didn't want to waste sins on them.

Whereas now I feel like I am not going without anything I just lower my portion sizes.

I have lost similar amounts in the same timescales on both diets, so I wouldn't say one was better than the other, its just preference.

4. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Ive lost more weight with ww then sw, nd overall feel i eat better on ww too.

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh now I'm even more confused ... as I've read on my other post someone saying how SW suits them better. How will I know which one suits me best?

Keep the replies coming please

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i've decided SW is more my style.

thanks for your comments

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Good luck with SW :) Main thing is its what you think will suit you best. Personally I found it much too restrictive for me, I much prefer the freedom points give me :)

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

now see, you say things like that and I panic. I guess I can only try it and see if it feels restrictive to me.

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ah but Im a fussy eater ;)

All you can do is try it and see how you get on, as youll have noticed the girls on the SW love it lol

10. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Good luck on SW. It really is horses for courses and depends on your lifestyle etc.

You will lose weight with SW or with WW if you stick to it. It's just that some people find one or the other easier to stick to.

For me, that's WW, especially as I have food prepared for me at work sometimes and I don't like to single myself out by taking my own (and I feel resentful if I have to do that as well).

11. willkat

willkat Full Member

I have to agree with starlight on the restriction of SW I've been doing SW for 7 weeks now and I now starting to struggle with the same food(it's healthy but dull!). I'm starting back a ww tonight with a fresh head and this time I'll use my points for healthy snacks not rubbish.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.