WW with a VLCD mentality

Loser85

Gold Member
With me having health scares due to my sugar levels i'm having to leave VLCD's alone. Thing is i'm used to the quick losses and ease of ketosis but the 1st few days before ketosis set in i struggled badly with my sugar levels.

Have been trying to use Vintage points the past 2 weeks but am getting no where fast. Gutted as it worked for me before. As i mentioned in a previous post having the extra 49 is handy for sugar dips so think PP is the way to go.

Thing is i cant afford meetings as my OH got paid off 6 weeks ago and we are living on benefits. (ashamed but not through choice!!) I NEED the weigh in environment to keep me on track as otherwise i'll pull every excuse and trick in the book. With the sugar issues and my weight in general you'd think i'd be jumping at the chance to diet!

I just need to get it in my head that slower losses are fine too, will get to the same place eventually.

welcome hun...
theres lots of ppl on here to help and guide u along ur journey! :)
i cant afford to join up either so i do it from home,
i downloaded the value diary app which i highly recommend to point and keep a track of food!
and i just weigh in my local chemist each week at 50p :)

I was going to classes up until last week but had to stop as cant afford it anymore either so went to local chemist to weight in and will do each week saving me money each week and i found i still need to physically go somewhere to get weighted as if i did it on my scales at home my weight is different everytime i stand on it.

Good luck with it, i know it will come off a lot slower but it will stay off longer too

I was going to classes up until last week but had to stop as cant afford it anymore either so went to local chemist to weight in and will do each week saving me money each week and i found i still need to physically go somewhere to get weighted as if i did it on my scales at home my weight is different everytime i stand on it.

Good luck with it, i know it will come off a lot slower but it will stay off longer too

snap !

I would either get your partner to weigh you on a set day or go to Boots to get weighed, I need someone to see my weight or I don't have the incentive to push myself to stick to it, silly as it sounds. Have you got much to lose? Have you thought about asking your GP for a WW 12 week referral? Mine don't do it, but lots do, so it's worth a try.

I'm sure you know this already, but when you lose weight very quickly you also lose muscle, which makes it harder to burn fat, so in the long term you are damaging your own weight loss. Try to think of it instead as a long-term plan and aim for 1-2lb a week, or around 5-7lb a month. When you take the pressure off yourself and you realise that you can live a relatively normal life while 'dieting', hopefully it will click into place and you'll start to enjoy it. :)

Good luck. x

I have lost large amounts of weight several times on vlc and no carb diets but I've never been able to keep it off and I'm now at my largest ever.
Those kind of diets worked quickly but never educated me how to manage/maintain weight in the real world.

I have around 12 stone to lose.

Im starting to realise a slower loss isnt too bad. So long as the numbers are going down its all that matters. Will be restarting on Monday.

Back