Xassy's journey to better health and weight loss

Xassy

Silver Member
Here begins my journey to losing 4 stone on Weight Watchers. I've already lost 1.5 stone by cutting down on junk food and calorie counting but I went to my first group this morning for a more permanent and structured approach.

Simple Start - day 1

Breakfast: 6 ryvita crackerbreads and 30g light Philadelphia cream cheese
(ate brekkie before I went to my first WW group so I know it's not perfect!)

Lunch: chicken breast and mashed swede

Dinner: egg, chip and pepper bake aka 2 sliced roasted peppers, sliced potato and 2 eggs

Snacks: packet of low fat ham and some lychee with a teaspoon of honey

Simple Start - day 2

Breakfast: 2 warburton's brown thins, one with 35g light Philly and one with marmite

Lunch: 0% Greek yoghurt with sliced peaches, strawberries and teaspoon of honey, followed by homemade popcorn
(Not the best lunch :eek: but I'm ill and needed some comfort food)

Dinner: 2 eggs, small tin of baked beans and 4 turkey rashers with peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes

I am going to rejoin Thursday S/W isn't doing it for me no more looking forward to pinching some meal ideas off you xx

I am going to rejoin Thursday S/W isn't doing it for me no more looking forward to pinching some meal ideas off you xx

I've done S/W on and off for years with limited success and even more limited motivation. I'm struggling with Simple Start but I think the propoints route will be good for me. I have been calorie counting for a while now and successfully lost weight. Wishing you luck. :)

Simple Start - day 3

(It's not been so simple for me.....)
Breakfast: 4 ryvita crackerbreads with marmite (ryvita not on SS, I know :eek:)

Morning snack: 0% greek yoghurt and lychee

Lunch: 2 Warburton's thins - one with tuna & 1/2 tsp mayo, one with mashed egg & 1/2 tsp mayo

Afternoon snack: packet of Walker's crisps (as above with not on plan :rolleyes:)

Dinner: chicken and veg stew

Not so simple start but still watching calorie intake

The WW consultant 'encouraged' :rolleyes: me to do SS for the first week, despite me explaining that it wasn't going to work. I like the flexibility of being able to choose anything to eat and I am now able to limit my portions and amounts, so I don't need SS in the way that I might have done a few months ago.

So here it is........................

Breakfast: 0% greek yoghurt with 25g branflakes (the cereal not allowed on SS) and 1/4 banana

Lunch: 2 egg omelette (mushrooms and a few slices of ham)

Dinner: chicken and vegetable stew

Snacks: packet of wotsits (not allowed on SS) and 4 ryvita crackerbreads (ryvita not allowed on SS) with 30g Philadelphia light

I started WW off the back of SW too and loathed SS so think I stuck to it for 3 days then went onto points :D good luck looks a fab days food x

Ooo supper sounds lush x x

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

20140813_190831 (1).jpg
If you turn upside down ;) you'll see my dinner. It doesn't look as lovely as I'd have hoped but it was delicious.

That big pan full of chicken, sweetcorn, peppers and tomatoes was only 380 calories or 6 propoints (0 PPs for peppers and tomatoes). It was enough for 2 decent sized portions, only I was starving so scoffed the lot. :D

Wow that looks amazing the diet fanta sauce wood be lush with that x

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thursday 14th

Breakfast: 5 ryvita crackerbreads with 30g light Philadelphia cream cheese

Well, I had food in my bag and my colleague (I was in her car) said to me "let's find somewhere nice to eat" and the rest is history....

Lunch: falafel, feta and roasted red pepper quesadilla ---- so so so amazing and totally worth it for less than £7 :D

Supper: 4 turkey rashers and stir fried veg (peppers, onions, mushrooms and courgettes)

Last edited:
Friday 15th

Thank you both. :cool:

Having failed at simple start, I went onto PP today. I have 31.

Breakfast: 2 baked eggs (4) sprinkled with one grated baby bel light cheese (1)
Snack: banana (0)
Lunch: 2 Warburton's brown thins (6) with ham (3) and light Philadelphia (1)
Supper: small grilled salmon fillet (6), homemade potato salad (6) and salad (0)
Evening snack: toast with marmite (4)

Total = 31

I feel like it has been a good day and the app is fab!

Last edited:
Saturday 16th

I lost 1.5lbs this week!!!:banana dancer:

Breakfast: 2 baked eggs (4) with baby bel light sprinkled on top (1)

Snack: packet of crisps (3) and drained tinned peaches (0)

Lunch: chicken breast (4) with stir fried veggies (0)

Afternoon snack: bagel (6) and another packet of crisps (5)

Supper: Prezzo - half portion olives 6, half portion bruschetta (7) and half portion spag bol (6)
Exercise: 20 mins on treadmill and 25 mins on cross trainer
:whacky068:
Taking the little pupster for a walk this afternoon:chores016:

Total = 31 daily points and 11 weeklies

Last edited:
Back