xenical and slimming world anyone?

MrsWills

Hi all.

I've been on xenical for just over a month and have lost 20 lbs but I want to go back to slimming world. Anyone done xenical and sw together? Any tips or help? Anything I can't do with saw because of the rule?

Thanks.

You'll find there's quite a few on here that do sw and xen together. Currently there's at least me, Kirsty and lisa . It works well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tend to follow the extra easy plan as it is, but keep an eye on the fat content too x

I'm not an extra easy fan. I maintain or put on. I prefer red with bits of green

I'm not an extra easy fan. I maintain or put on. I prefer red with bits of green

To be honest I do it for ease, the weight is coming off, I do keep thinking about trying red and green but to be honest I just haven't actually sat and red through those plans x

Thanks for your replies both! So its ok to do together?

How do u find the sw recipes? I know the hi fi bars are not in rule so can't have them. X

Thanks for your replies both! So its ok to do together?

How do u find the sw recipes? I know the hi fi bars are not in rule so can't have them. X

I've had no issue with Hifi bars or any of the recipes we have tried x

Thanks! I've had a terrible week.. Weigh on Wednesday so we will see going to cut right down on cals now so wait n see x

Must admit in struggling this week and I don't know why or what to do about it to get my head back in the right place

I've not had the best week, TOTM for 7 days so far and it makes me soooooooooo hungry, weigh in on Tuesday and my scales haven't really moved all week, had booze and take away last night so hope for sts

I've not had the best week, TOTM for 7 days so far and it makes me soooooooooo hungry, weigh in on Tuesday and my scales haven't really moved all week, had booze and take away last night so hope for sts

I've got totm too! That with a ridiculous long busy 15hours shift at work and I'm dying! I did eat chocolate yesterday much better than I could have been but still cheated! I've shopped today in hope of deterring any cheating! And I'm not sure ill make wi again this week which sucks! X

I've got totm too! That with a ridiculous long busy 15hours shift at work and I'm dying! I did eat chocolate yesterday much better than I could have been but still cheated! I've shopped today in hope of deterring any cheating! And I'm not sure ill make wi again this week which sucks! X

Oh no it's rubbish when you can't get there. I was thinking of not going tonight as I know from the scales showing the same weight as last weeks evening weigh in this morning, but consultant text me and asked if I would help weigh in people so have taken that as a sign that I have to go, can't wait to get weighed now and put this past bitty week behind me x

Hi Guys,
Hope nobody minds me pipping this thread back up :)
I've tried orlistat before, i lost about 3 stone and then had the depoprovera jab and everything went wrong!!
I still have lots of my orlistat left over so have decided to give it another go in conjuction with slimming world :)
I've mercilessly tried to get re prescribed but my doctors made me see their community dietician who was a nightmare! - who flat out said no! :( so for now, while i have a month or two's supply im going to give it my all!

How are you finding sw and orlistat together? Do you find that the combo works well? :)

I follow SW whilst taking Xenical :)

This is my second week and I think things are going good! I lost 3lb on my first weigh in, which is good for me because I have an underactive thyroid AND I'm due on so bloating. I've only tangoed once, and that was my own fault because treated myself to some doritos on my anniversary.

I can't understand why your doctor wouldn't prescribe it, you fit the criteria! Maybe see another doctor? x

Hi Guys,
Hope nobody minds me pipping this thread back up :)
I've tried orlistat before, i lost about 3 stone and then had the depoprovera jab and everything went wrong!!
I still have lots of my orlistat left over so have decided to give it another go in conjuction with slimming world :)
I've mercilessly tried to get re prescribed but my doctors made me see their community dietician who was a nightmare! - who flat out said no! :( so for now, while i have a month or two's supply im going to give it my all!

How are you finding sw and orlistat together? Do you find that the combo works well? :)

Did they say why they wouldn't?! What's you bmi it may be too low?! Quite often you have to prove you can loose weight without the tablets first!? X

Did they say why they wouldn't?! What's you bmi it may be too low?! Quite often you have to prove you can loose weight without the tablets first!? X

Her stats say BMI is 37.6 and you have to be 30 or over to qualify for it.

Very strange! I know that doctors may be a bit hasty to prescribe it if you are on thyroid medication too, but my doctor did :/ without me having to lose weight first!

I think a lot of it falls down to the doctors personal opinion too, as horrible as it sounds :(

Her stats say BMI is 37.6 and you have to be 30 or over to qualify for it.

Very strange! I know that doctors may be a bit hasty to prescribe it if you are on thyroid medication too, but my doctor did :/ without me having to lose weight first!

I think a lot of it falls down to the doctors personal opinion too, as horrible as it sounds :(

Sorry I'm on my phone can't see stats!

And I don't think they're meant to prescribe at bmi 30 it's meant to be "not allowed to prescribe at below 30".

The actually guidelines for the drug do dictate you are meant to loose weight prior to commencing the drug! If you can't loose weight without it you prob won't without it is the theory as it is in conjunction with a diet.

If you have any problems with your liver or on certain medications you won't be prescribed it either.

Or perhaps bc you've had it before and gained all the weight back maybe they feel its not an appropriate route for you!

I don't know it's just a few suggestions xx

Hiya! Thanks for the input :) I changed surgeries which apparently is to blame for the different protocol - I've been referred to a group meeting called weigh ahead, and they can prescribe it apparently! Thanks for the replies, im enjoying being back on orlistat, no tango yet, a few tummy aches but all is well otherwise! Xx

Back