Xenical - how quick do you see effects

Starlight

Gold Member
My doctor started me on Xenical this week. Ive been made aware of the possible side effects etc but am going to try it and see how I get on.

What I wondered though was, if anyone has tried it, how long it took for you to feel the ehm 'effects' I only started yesterday but was expecting some side effects by now, does it take a day or 2 to kick in.

Im just a bit concerned as he said the first few days were usually the worst, but Im going on a seminar at work next week, most of it involves being outside and a lot of it travelling in traffic cars doing speeds of up to 120mph - not a time I want to be in serious need of a toilet break!!!

Should it have kicked in by now ? Im wondering if my WW diet is too low fat for it to be of any huge help

My doctor started me on Xenical this week. Ive been made aware of the possible side effects etc but am going to try it and see how I get on.

What I wondered though was, if anyone has tried it, how long it took for you to feel the ehm 'effects' I only started yesterday but was expecting some side effects by now, does it take a day or 2 to kick in.

Im just a bit concerned as he said the first few days were usually the worst, but Im going on a seminar at work next week, most of it involves being outside and a lot of it travelling in traffic cars doing speeds of up to 120mph - not a time I want to be in serious need of a toilet break!!!

Should it have kicked in by now ? Im wondering if my WW diet is too low fat for it to be of any huge help

Found this links it makes interesting reading.

XENICAL.com Home

Xenical

I never had any effects, good or bad from Xenical. Stretched the limits big time on the fat content, was eating creamy curries the lot and nothing except the normal weight gain and then ate low fat as recommended and still nothing, no loss, nothing. Not the magic pill i was hoping for.

I never had any effects, good or bad from Xenical. Stretched the limits big time on the fat content, was eating creamy curries the lot and nothing except the normal weight gain and then ate low fat as recommended and still nothing, no loss, nothing. Not the magic pill i was hoping for.

I was identical to Happe, I did have a couple of occasions when I needed the loo about day 3-4. After that nothing, I too pushed the boundary trying kormas etc and it had no effect. I lost naff all on these pills, I was also doing weight watchers at the time.

OOh that's brought back unpleasant memories for me! lol I was once prescribed Xenical and my GP warned me that even the fat from grilled salmon would come out in an unpleasant way. He was right!! There WAS leakage - orange oil to be precise. Sorry if TMI!!!!!

I had to give it up after a few weeks as I just couldn't rush to the loo when I needed to at work.

Hope it works better for you, hun!

xxxx

Strange how it affects people differently. I reckon my body is resistant to anything that wants it to give up food. Never get food poisoning or the runs, even when i was young and eating dodgy kebabs that made everyone else ill i never was.

I didn't really find Xenical any use at all....and yes, like Isobel I remember the orange oil only too well. Angela x

It may work well for you hun as we are all different but all I can remember of my one try with it over 9 years ago was yellow/orange water at every toilet visit. No more weight loss than if I'd been doing SW or WW in that week

Lacey :)

Hiya I agree with the others that the side effects are a orange oily it stained under wear and would not come out I even had a greyish colour with the tablets and it just came on did not expect it to .Thats it with these tablets you never know when it is going to strike. Very unpleasent side effects glad i was taken off them

Soz if I rained on your parade, darlin - give it a go though - it might be fab for you!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You didnt at all Isobel :) Its always good to hear other peoples experiences. Id been warned about the side effects so was sort of expecting them lol

It may work well for you hun as we are all different but all I can remember of my one try with it over 9 years ago was yellow/orange water at every toilet visit. No more weight loss than if I'd been doing SW or WW in that week

Lacey :)

My next weigh in is Monday so Ill see if theres any differnce. I certainly feeling as if Ive been peeing more lol but overall its been quite disapointing. Oh well its not like I wasnt still sticking to WW

Thanks for your posts guys :)

Hi Hun

My experience with xenical was awful .. I thought it would be 'the wonder drug' but alas I lost a couple of pounds ... nothing major.
I do remember going to a barbecue and having a burger .... errrrrm shall we say not very pleasant after effects! Orange oil and no warnings either.
I found that anything I ate disagreed with me. I did it for 2 months and lost a stone. Not much really when I could have lost 2 stone on CD!

But give it a try as it might be the right thing for you hun.

Best wishes

xx

I was precribed Xenical last year and it was'nt the pill I hoped for.I think maybe if councelling had of been offered as well it may of helped.I was told of the side effect of eating to much fat,but I found that if I really did want something to eat i just skipped a pill.I am now on LL programme and it has changed my whole outlook on life.I am only on my 2nd week, and am hoping the councelling side will help me.

Im giving it a miss today which Im totally ticked off about as I had dinner at the Brewers Fayre tonight (still within my points lol) Im sure theyd have been tested with that :rotflmao: but Im going to a seminar with work tomorrow which involves being out all day in cars travelling at speeds of up to 120mph - I wouldnt really like to need an urgent toilet break during that lol

Be back on them as soon as Im home tomorrow.... Monday is my next weigh in so Ill wait with bated breath but Im not going to expect too much :)

Im going to a seminar with work tomorrow which involves being out all day in cars travelling at speeds of up to 120mph - I wouldnt really like to need an urgent toilet break during that lol
:)

what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

Back