Xenical newbie; new year, new start!

*Emma

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I was a member here for a while last year, and although this forum was extremely helpful, and I received loads of help and support, I didn't manage to stick with it and finish what I started.

So now it's a new year, and I'm back down to business. I don't want to spend another minute feeling miserable because of how unfit I am. I've been lurking around for a few days, mostly in the Xenical and the exercise boards, so I figured it was time to jump in and get posting again.

My name is Emma, I'm 21 years old, and I'm a psychology student from South Tyneside, just outside of Newcastle. I study at Swansea University. I'm in my final year, which is very stressful. I work part time in a shop on campus, and I have a voluntary job working for a charity supporting people with mental health issues. I'm also the president of the psychology society at my university. All of these things keep me very busy, and my diet suffers because of it.

I've gained four stone since leaving school five years ago, and I don't even recognise myself anymore. I'm determined to get myself fit and healthy. I'm going to be using Xenical, with a strict low fat diet, as well as tons of exercise, mostly using the Wii as I'm a student and gyms are expensive!

I'd love to meet some people who identify with me, people who are similar in age or weight, or even just anyone that I can talk to often, as I really struggle to stay motivated.

Well done if you got this far, sorry I rambled on! But I'm looking forward to getting started in the morning, it's going to be the first day of the rest of my life :)

I am 21 and student also! I am going into special education and I work to support myself. This plus church obligations, family time and HOMEWORK mean I have a hard time finding time to exercise! Ick!

Tomorrow is the day I start as well; would have started sooner, but I just got married on Tuesday and decided I should enjoy myself on my honeymoon. :) My husband is a great support to me already.

Congrats on getting as far as you have in school! That is a very heavy load you have; remember to get enough sleep or that will make it more difficult to lose weight (at least, that's what I hear people say).

We can be minimins college weightloss buddies! ;)

Good luck and welcome back! :wavey:

Hiya and welcome to Minis, good luck with Xenical and with your weight loss journey. Have a wee look over the Xenical forum here at Minis, loads of info and support x

I am 21 and student also! I am going into special education and I work to support myself. This plus church obligations, family time and HOMEWORK mean I have a hard time finding time to exercise! Ick!

Tomorrow is the day I start as well; would have started sooner, but I just got married on Tuesday and decided I should enjoy myself on my honeymoon. :) My husband is a great support to me already.

Congrats on getting as far as you have in school! That is a very heavy load you have; remember to get enough sleep or that will make it more difficult to lose weight (at least, that's what I hear people say).

We can be minimins college weightloss buddies! ;)

Good luck and welcome back! :wavey:

Hi Missfortissimo! Thanks for the reply :) Congratulations on getting married!

My problem sometimes is sleeping too much, so I definitely need to work on that and get myself into a regular pattern and I think it'll work wonders for me :)

Good luck with your weightloss, and yes, we can definitely be college buddies! :D

Hiya and welcome to Minis, good luck with Xenical and with your weight loss journey. Have a wee look over the Xenical forum here at Minis, loads of info and support x

Thanks Ali, I've been lurking over there for a few days now, so I'll bite the bullet, jump in and introduce myself :)

Back