XENICAL PLEASE HELP!!

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello

I have previously used Alli and was prescribed Xenical by my doctor a while ago and have been using it ever since - on and off in some instances I must admit. However, over the past couple of weeks I've really come to "depend" on it?? Sounds silly I know, but taking it has really motivated me in my eating habits and I find that when I don't take it with a meal I feel quite agitated and can't really enjoy eating anything?! (Last Sunday I drove all the way home from a restaurant and back again because I'd forgotten my Xenical!)

I'd not realised how low on the tablets I was getting. I checked this morning and I'm down to THREE!!! :eek: I phoned my doctors and they've said I'll need to see the practice nurse again for a weigh-in before they'll prescribe me any more (although I was told I'd only need to be weighed after 3 months..!) Only problem is - she can't see me until 12th March..13 whole days from now!! And if its anything like last time, I won't even get the prescription that day but will have to go back for it a couple of days later.. :(

I really don't know what to do?? I could buy Alli to tide me over but I'm hesitant to spend so much money.. And are Alli something like half the dosage of Xenical?? Is it worth it??

Oh gosh, what to do??? What would YOU do?? Any advice would be so welcome, I know it's only something little but I feel really stressed out about it??? Thanks in advance, really means alot :) xx

kellythepeg said:
Hello

I have previously used Alli and was prescribed Xenical by my doctor a while ago and have been using it ever since - on and off in some instances I must admit. However, over the past couple of weeks I've really come to "depend" on it?? Sounds silly I know, but taking it has really motivated me in my eating habits and I find that when I don't take it with a meal I feel quite agitated and can't really enjoy eating anything?! (Last Sunday I drove all the way home from a restaurant and back again because I'd forgotten my Xenical!)

I'd not realised how low on the tablets I was getting. I checked this morning and I'm down to THREE!!! :eek: I phoned my doctors and they've said I'll need to see the practice nurse again for a weigh-in before they'll prescribe me any more (although I was told I'd only need to be weighed after 3 months..!) Only problem is - she can't see me until 12th March..13 whole days from now!! And if its anything like last time, I won't even get the prescription that day but will have to go back for it a couple of days later.. :(

I really don't know what to do?? I could buy Alli to tide me over but I'm hesitant to spend so much money.. And are Alli something like half the dosage of Xenical?? Is it worth it??

Oh gosh, what to do??? What would YOU do?? Any advice would be so welcome, I know it's only something little but I feel really stressed out about it??? Thanks in advance, really means alot :) xx
Why don't you phone the doc in the morning when they 1st open and get a doc appt and then tell the doc how you will run out of tablets in 3 days so please can you have script now, pretty please.. I always say I will wait for doc to sign and most times it's done within 5-10 mins! But I insist that - I will wait!! It helps I have a 2 year old who's very noisy when he's well lol worth a try

I'd do the same! Tell them you weren't told you had to see the nurse monthly although i think that's common. I will say though even with a prescription you may have problems as there is a shortage of xen currently so may be worth getting some alli xx

I don't see my nurse, which is different i guess.

My advice?
Still stick to the rules, And take a tictac instead of a xen.. I knwo it sounds daft but it will still make you think about what you're eating untill you get some more... Good luck, and remember.... BE STRONG.
:) xx

:) thanks ladies

Well I've just rung now and the receptionist is quite adamant that it must be the nurse who I see to monitor my weight...grrrrr.....and that is the first available appointment. I'm just going to have to buy some Alli. I'm so annoyed though because my job just ended last Friday and I'm despeately trying to find another one but in between I could really do without having to spend £40 on bloody weight-loss tablets..!!!!! Grr!! I really don't want to undo the work I've done so far though, as slowly but surely the weight is coming off.. Do you think I'm doing the right thing??

She did mention that I could "drop in a note" saying that I've run out of tablet?? I didn't really understand what she meant and tried to ask further questions but she was very keen to get me off the phone and did so! xx

Grr..tried and failed. In the end I decided to bite the bullet and go and buy some Alli (even just to give me peace of mind if nothing else!)..but low and behold....Boots had sold out of Alli. And ASDA had sold out of Alli. And another Boots had sold out of Alli. Luckily, by chance, I found some in Sainsbury's (didn't even realise they had a pharmacy lol!)

Turns out there's some kind of manufacturing fault with Xenical so everywhere is out of stock of Xen, which has meant (like me!) everyone wanting Xen has turned to Alli..!

I felt like I was involed in some kind of challenge TV-esque treasure hunt for overweight people lol ;)

Has anyone else heard anything about this?? Hope I'll actually be able to get some Xen once my docs get their behinds into gear!!

xx

You're a little behind the times Kelly :) orlistat has been out of stock since the beginning of the year with the odd box trickling through every now and again. It is now being manufactured again and supplies are becoming more frequent. It's just a case of waiting and keep asking at your pharmacies. But seeing as Alli is half strength orlistat that's why you can't get that either.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back