Xmas refeed advice

susieg77

Started 4 weeks ago and my plan was to lose a stone and a half up to Xmas. Have 2 shakes and dinner in Xmas day and boxing day then straight back to 100% to lose another 2 stone to hit target
Went to chemist today and I've lost 22lbs so I've already hit my Xmas target
Do you think I should do a proper refeed for Xmas?
It's not about losing more weight pre Xmas because I've hit my Xmas target but I'm worried that eating for the whole week will make it really difficult to go back to 100%
I know not refeeding properly risks rapid gain but I also know it will be mainly water and will come straight back off on 100% and I'm more concerned about the willpower aspect if getting back on 100% than the weight fluctuation that I know I can rid of
Sooooo confused

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, I was concerned about the re-feed and then getting back onto 100% a few weeks ago when I went on holiday, but you know what, I was so glad to get back 100%, eating is stressful, guilt ridden and takes over so much of your life. So I was so pleased to get back onto the old shakes that I have no hesitation in doing re-feed at the moment ready for Christmas. And, I still lost weight doing re-feed - 2 1/2 lb. I would strongly encourage you to refeed.

I have done the refeed and I lost 2lbs on refeed and now I am on maintenance and have lost another 2lbs. I plan on doing maintenance over Christmas and then get back onto 100% in the New Year and like Elaine said I am looking forward to it. The rest has also done me good as I was starting to wain so it has helped me re-gain my motivation. I think I would have gone of the rails if I hadn't refed. I do feel in control at the moment so I would say refeed and enjoy your Christmas sensibly!

After much deliberation I'm taking a 2 week break from LT and switching to Atkins. I'll stay low carb at Xmas and start back LT on the 2nd jan having had some nice food but staying in ketosis to make it easier to restart LT

susieg77 said:
After much deliberation I'm taking a 2 week break from LT and switching to Atkins. I'll stay low carb at Xmas and start back LT on the 2nd jan having had some nice food but staying in ketosis to make it easier to restart LT

That's exactly what im doing x

Enjoy and best of luck. I'm not even trying to lose over Xmas, I'll be happy if I maintain

Back