xsugarfairyx food diary

xsugarfairyx

Gold Member
Hi so im new to slimming world and doing it from home as not confident to go to meetings atm. So thought id write a food diary to keep myself on track and get all your great advice.

Monday:
Breakfast- two fat free yoghurts.
Lunch- tomato and herb mug shot.
Afternoon snack- 6 wholgrain crackerbread as heb and 3 laughing cow tri as part of hea.
Dinner- cheese leek n ham pasta in sauce made with water with rest of cheese tri stirred in, chicken breast and 1/3 of veg.
Snacks, yoghurt and 2xsnack raisins 4syns for both.
Total = 4 suns

Tuesday:
Breakfast- apple, plum
mid morning snack- mugshot
Lunch- salad with ff natural cottage cheese and extra light mayo.1 syn.
Dinner- beef stir fry with noodles and black bean sauce.2.5 syns.
Pudding - apple crumble yog 0.5 syns.
Evening snack- crackerbreads(heb) and cheesespread (hea).
Total syns= 4.5

Wednesday:
breakfast- ready break (heb) with milk (hea) and yoghurt.
Lunch- mugshot then salad with cottage cheese and extra light mayo 1 syn.
Dinner- sw chicken n mushroom risotto- recipe off this forum. Mozzarella cheese: 4syns I think.
snacks- apple, so far.
Total so far= 5syns.

Which plan are you following.

Maybe try and involve more superfree with your meals but overall looks good :)

looks good. just popped in to say hi (and subscribe). good luck with your journey!

Hey Sugar, I found you! Your diary so far looks great - are you eating enough tho? You seem not to be using all your syns, unless are u saving them for some end-of-the-week naughtiness?! I am not a huge fan of cottage cheese, do you like it? I used to endure it on previous diets, but the only thing I buy it for us as an ingredient. So far so good sug, if u have any questions about SW then please ask. I am a font of knowledge regarding the diet .... If only I could stick to it myself!!

Xx

Ps you automatically subscribe to a thread by replying to a thread. I only just found my way around this one and I have been a member fir 3 years!!! X

Hey thanks for replying hun, I do feel that I am eating enough just feel that my portions are too big but im having my third of superfree. Im not saving my subs just trying not to have all 15. I love cottage cheese nice with pineapple too but it is an accquired taste x

Last edited:
Thursday:
Breakie- crackerbread(heb) and cheesespread(hea). Apple and kiwi.
Lunch- large salad with el mayo(1syn) and cottage cheese.
Dinner- sw spag bol with lots if mush n peppers and veg on side(7.5 syns as brought lean not extra lean).
Total so far: 8.5

Hey there, just popped by - your food diary looks great, I love the cottage cheese with pineapple too! Just a quick tip though, I found that having too little syns slowed my losses - maybe try having around 10? Treat yourself to a mini Choc bar (treat size cadburys chocs are around 4-5 syns) or a highlights hot Choc (2 syns) or if you're a savoury girl, a packet of crisps like velvet crunch (4 syns) or quavers/French fries :) x

xsugarfairyx said:
Thanks really appreciate your advice and I like choc may invest in some buttons or Mikado x

Love mikado - bought the hazelnut ones today and they're great for a chocolate fix :)

sound yummy im struggling a bit with portion size does it matter how much rice pasta I have asking as 1/3 is veg, does veg in the spag bol count, sorry for all the questions x

xsugarfairyx said:
sound yummy im struggling a bit with portion size does it matter how much rice pasta I have asking as 1/3 is veg, does veg in the spag bol count, sorry for all the questions x

It's not supposed to matter but it will obviously make a difference in the long run. I try and stick to the recommended portion sizes on the packets. And yep the veg in the bolognese counts :)

Hey sug, I agree with Charlie, the syns are there to be used - I aim for ten a day, unless I am fasting after a big cheat or saving up for a big cheat! Once you get your head wrapped around the plan you wont worry about it so much, it is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a strict portion controlled diet. I love big portions (oo-er!) which is why this diet is for me, unlike charlie I don't think about portion size so much as I know I will snack in between meals if I scrimp at mealtimes. I generally use my syns within my meals, as extra flavour for food, but you will find your way of working it of that you can sure of.

You will relax into it and see how you want to play it yourself, I promise if you just stick within the SW guidelines and you will succeed. I know you must think 'what does she know' cos mu current stats read pretty crappy. But I have done this diet many times over the years and I have lost stones and stones. I just keep falling off that darn wagon!!!

You are doing great so far Sugar, let's keep fighting that fight!

I dont think what do you know, I am very thankful for your advice and yeah its hard to keep on the band wagon but I will. Im glad its a lifestyle change because I dont want to loose it all then stop the diet and put it back on and I will try and up my syns, even if its just to add a bit of flavour to things. x

Back