Yay 6 Stone Off!

Angelkitty

I have finally lost 6 stone!!!!

I just don't know when to stop losing weight now. I want to lose another stone or two but everyone says I don't need to.

The thing is I'm still not happy with how I look.

I start a new job next Monday and I am so scared that after 7 months of being at home that going back to work will make me gain weight. All advice greatly received. x

Well done Angelkitty, you've done really well

Well done that's amazing!

My work tip would be to plan your lunch and snacks so that you always have something free or low syn to eat when the urge takes you.

Wow, yaytastic!!! :clap:

wowzer well done.. you have done amazing..what an inspiration.. have you got some hints and tips for us !!

yes i think the key is to plan your lunches for work and any snacks..that way you cant be caught out with what to eat ..

Thank you!

As for advice from me, I would say if you have any questions make sure you ask and get answers. I know it sounds sappy, but after losing my job in March I had to stop attending group and I really couldn't have done this without all of the lovely, kind and helpful people on MiniMins!!!

I have found that swapping between each of the plans has helped me, especially when losses stopped or slowed.

I also make sure that every evening I have a little treat with a cup of tea e.g 1 finger Twirl bar or a small Milky Bar. It helps me keep my meals low syn/syn free and keeps me going with something to look forward to.

Every Saturday evening I have a take away either Chinese or Indian and make my own SW chips and boiled rice to go with it. Saves syns and money!

I know it isn't recommended but most of the time I note down my syns each day and if I have used under 15 I make a note of it and add it to my 15 on a Saturday to maybe have a bit of extra chocolate or something I wouldn't normally have to eat.

I think my theory is ask for help and give yourself something to look forward to to chivvy you on!

Thanks all for your kind words and I hope my rambling on helps!! xx

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to lose 6 stone! You must feel like a completely different person. As for going back to work - the secret is to plan. I think Shirleen posted on another thread about always taking more than you'll need (eg take 2 apples rather than 1, a whole packet of ham when you think you'll only eat half a pack etc.). Just be prepared for days when you're more hungry or bored. Good luck.

congrats anglekitty - well done, I hope to lose a similar amount and it's when I read posts like this I realise that although it seems like a lot to lose.... I can do it - thankyou for posting this x

As to advice when you start work, I have found since starting SW I have had to plan. If I dont plan ahead I can be prone to raiding the vending machine - not good!!
Do you have any microwave/toaster/boiling water at your new job? If so you can take in some mugshots, pasta n sauce or super noodle type things.
If not plan ahead by taking some prepared food - I like to take a kelloggs fibre plus bar (HEXB) for a chocolatly treat during the day x

Congrats on your loss so far its amazing :) I agree with the above posts about forward planning I always make my lunch the night before I go to work and put it in the fridge ready. I also write everything down I am eating at work otherwise I'd find it too easy to just keep scoffing sweets and biscuits and forget how many I've had :)

Starting a new job, just politely say no thank you to ANY food that is offered to you - this way people know and you get into the habit from day 1. The minute you start thinking its only 1 bit of cake or 1 chocolate etc it can go out of control. But if you make it a habit to say no from the beginning then you will find it much easier to say no when its something you do actually want but cant have!

Wowawee, well done you!!

When you start your new job, try and plan your meals as much as you can. For some reason it throws me off of track when I don't plan... I like to know what I'm having and when

Good look in your new job x

Congratulations, you are an inspiration! Infact you can be my thinspiration, as I just started SW today and I'd like to lost 6st by this time next year! :eek:)
Well done xxx

Whoppeee congratulations and good luck with the new job. Keep going till you feel happy. I still have a stone & a half to go and people are telling me I'm ok not to lose anymore . But I 1stly want a healthy bmi below 25 that's what I'm being guided by . When I've lost the stone and a half I still have to lose I'll see how I feel then

Back