Yay Day 1 almost over

pantayra

Was so excited about starting today been wanting to start for a while, then finally phoned the consultant and met up with her and so pleased i did, cant wait to start this journey.

Today has not been too bad, of the meals i had 2 out of 3 i found nice. I have been drinking lots of water but have a little bit of a headache and feeling tired but was up far to early this morning so could be that? Reading your posts are inspirational and i know at tough times they will really help keep me going knowing others are going though the same or have overcome hurdles :)

Hey well done on doing your first day =D It is the first week id say (from my experience) that is the toughest but if you stick to it and get thru it, it gets so much easier and your first wi will just motivate you so much AND this forum is a life saver it has helped me more than i can say =) Keep at it and the results will be sooo worth it.

Hi Yolande

Thank you for the reply and well done on your weight loss so far you are doing really well :)

I really do believe this week is going to be hard from what everyone was saying about the first week but hoping i get though it ok and i am not too grumpy haha. I think today went well because i was so excited about starting up but tomorrow might be a different story :D

I was also very excited when i started its funny aint it i mean who gets excited about going on such a restrictive diet??? ha ha ha atleast you are prepared for the fact that you might have a few tough days this week it will help you cope but just think about how much you want to get to your goal and that this diet is not forever and you will be fine! Keep at the water it really helps =)

Well done on starting, it's a bug step but the rewards are fantastic !
I'm very lucky as I've not found it a problem at all ( you never know you may be one if the lucky ones )
This place like Yolande says can be a real lifesaver so your in the right place fir advice, support and if you need motivation the before and after photo's are fantastic.
Good luck on your Cambridge journey x x x

My husband thought it strange for me to be so excited about starting on this diet but i was excited because i was taking a step forward and saying i wanted to change :) Thank you for the advice and i will keep up with the water and let you know how the week goes on haha

Thank you Angelupnorth I also wish you luck and well done on your weight loss so far :) i really dont know if i could stick to this without reading about how everyone seems to have the highs and lows and reading the inspirational stories just makes me want to do as well as everyone else and its shows that with hard work and dedication this plan can work :)

Hi pantayra, good luck! Its my 4th day and feeling tired and headache are symptoms I experienced, but will soon pass! X

Hi Lesley, good luck to you also :)

I was not feeling so good last night went to bed at 9 was up all though the night with a massive headache, felt sick, shaky and faint really was ready to give up this morning (i know bad after 1 day lol) But feeling alot better today just hoping i don't get another headache as that was a killer last night :cry: Did your headaches stop after a few days?

Yes,at day 5 now and headache free.I just keep thinking of my first weigh in coming up, and it keeps me going! Hope you start to feel better soon xx

yes, the headaches stop.. just make sure you're getting all the water you need, split the packs if that makes it easy (eg six half packs through the day instead of three whole ones).. if you've also quit caffeine at the same time that can make it harder, but if you stick with it, you'll get through this..

and by the end of the week, you're likely to be feeling on top of the moon! too late for you now, but for anyone reading this, it can be much easier if you wind down into it by reducing carbs and fat, cutting caffeine out completely and upping water a few weeks or more before you even start..

you can take pain killers, but I think someone was saying some are better than others (I'm sure I've read something like - it's best not to take ibuprofen or aspirin on an empty stomach - but I might have mis-read?)

use this website as often as you can cause it will see you through the harder times

Keep us posted!

All the best x

Thanks Lesley, glad to hear they do go away, i have no headache all day its just when it gets to the evening seems to be when they are creeping up. Im also excited about first weigh in, mines not until Monday night seems ages away haha. Good luck with your first weigh in soon :)

Hi Enough

Thanks for the advice so pleased they do stop, ive have three kids no problem but when i comes to headaches im a little wimp haha. Good idea about splitting the packs never thought about that, will come in handy on those hard days.

I do wish i had done what you suggested in this message about easing yourself into this plan, reducing carbs and fat, cutting out caffeine, upping water, my consultant did say about how some people do ease them selfs into it before setting a start date... but i was to over eager to get started on this journey :eek:

Feeling much better so far so will keep drinking lots of water and have my soup for later on which im looking forward to. So pleased i came across this site when searching the net, as it is really supportive and really does make you want to keep at it when you see how well everyone is doing :)

you'll be in the swing on no time at all.. I'm sure I had a tricky first week, but yesterday my cdc (cambridge weight plan consultant - used to be called camb diet counsellor) pointed out that I've been doing this for over five weeks! I can't believe it's going so fast! ..and sometimes it's even hard to be bothered to have the last pack of the day!! (but it is important to have it)..

all the best

x

Back