Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Yay, I've quit

Discussion in 'Quit Smoking' started by Nash, 24 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Nash

Nash Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It's been 23 days since I last had a ciggy and I feel so much better for it already. I decided the day, and stopped and then after I'd stopped, I started reading the allen carrs easy way to give up smoking book. It really is a good read, and helped me heaps.

My big tester will be this weekend as I'm going out socially, but I feel very positive about it and no longer want to smoke. Plus it will be a month since i wouldn't have smoked so I don't want to jeopardise that.

Just wanted to put this down in writing. Thanks for listening.:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hels123smiles

hels123smiles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    77.11kg
    Current Weight:
    64.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    56.25kg
    Lost(%):
    12.6kg(16.35%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save after losing 2.5 stones on Cambridge.
    Fan-bloomin-tastic!!!!!!! Well Done you!!!!! You must be so proud, I quit 7 years ago this month.

4. Nash

Nash Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thank you, yes I am.

Wow, 7 years, that's a long time, well done. I can't wait to be able to say "i haven't smoked for ** years" :rolleyes:

5. Camille19

Camille19 Member

Yeah! Congratulations Nash! You've been so good! Quitting smoking is a hard thing to do but you actually did it! Wow! Hooray! So now, I'll treat you in a dinner.. Here: :candledinner: haha.. Congrats again! :happy096:

6. Pippy Bear

Pippy Bear Fighting the fat!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :happy096: Well done Nash!

I've never smoked myself but my husband gave up a couple of months ago and watching him, I can guess its not easy to do.

Keep up the good work, hope its not too hard when u go out :)

7. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope Member

Congratulations, I quit smoking about 4 years ago.. I'm telling you, quitting smoking will be the best decision you will ever make in your life.

8. costaerer

costaerer Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Band in Nov. Now trying to cut calories
    well done! i quit smoking about 6 months ago now. lost my job...week later i thought F**k it im quitting! and i quit! i have basically been smoking since i was 13/14 and im 20 now, i used to smoke 10-15 a day!!!

since i quit ive had a few cigs here and there...bought one or two packets just when ive been gong on car journeys(my weakness s smoking while im driving)....i dunno why...i just really enjoy it!!!!

anyhow i love the fact i dont stink of fags and that i have so much more money at the end of the week....its brilliant!!!!

9. Mrs Z

Mrs Z Gold Member

Well done. Keep it up, it will be one of the best decisions you have ever made.

10. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    I stopped smoking 10 days ago, and just wondered when you're supposed to start feeling better? :confused: If anything I feel worse, I'm really grumpy most of the time, and feel totally lethargic - please tell me I'll feel fab soon?!! :eek:

11. CalicoSoneji

CalicoSoneji Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(45.76%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    wow, you've done amazing!
    Hope i can quit one day

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.