Yia sou from Greece!

Kefalonian at heart

thinking about food
Hello,

Anyone on SW in Greece? I only joined SW last week so I would love to hear from you! Any tips for low syn foods from the supermarkets? I can't get Muller Lights and it's very expensive to buy low fat cheeses and yoghurts. Lidl have a small range (I am on an island) so ideas would be great. No problems getting fresh fruit and veg though :)

Hi

I live on Crete and also do most of my shoping in lidl so understand what you mean.

Have only started today so am going to have a look round the supermarkets for not too expensive low fat ideas. Today i had 0% total with fruit which isn't exactly cheap but is easily available. Also the lidl vesion of laughing cow light triangles you get double for the same price.

Did you find any good solutions?

Hello! Kalo Mina!

I'm 99% sure that Lidl 0.1% soft cheese (like Philly) is free, and their cottage cheese isn't bad, they also sell fat free yoghurt that's very cheap in comparison to Total but it's runny. Lidl here also just got Leerdamer Light cheese slices which isn't bad. I am struggling to find frozen berries or any tinned fruit without syrup. Eating lots of lovely seasonal apples though! I'm going to try the dolmades from the SW website today. Eating out was quite difficult, esp out of season, but if I find anything else I'll post here and hope you will too.

Back