Yo-yo Maggie

Maggie38

Hello everyone,
I am on day 5 and have been 100%. Like most of you I have enjoyed reading all Diaries on this forum so I've decided to try it myself.

As my title implies I am a yo-yo dieter. In fact I excel at it. Here are a few of the highlights and low lights.

I'm 5ft 3in and weighed 130 lbs through college......Married at 23 weighed 119 (for 2days)
Gained and lost 50lbs over the next 20 years.

Vacation was often a motivator to loose weight....but as you can see it didn't always work.

Aug 2006 vacation to Italy weighed 140...pretty happy

July 2009 vacation to Mexico weight 165.....depressed

July 2011 vacation to Denver,Colorado weighed 130...really happy

July 2012 vacation to Germany/Austria weighed 175.....mortified
________________________________________________________________________________
As is often said on this forum....I've drawn a line under it..Lol... literally and figuratively!!

I welcome all comments, advice, and support.
My goal is 50 lbs. by Christmas.

Hi maggie - I have yo-yo dieted for at least 30 of my 46 years. I am so determined that this will be the end of that destructive cycle. I am hoping that the break from food will allow me to build new habits during the maintenance phase. I have a new interest in food and nutrition and have been searching for healthy recipes - I had absolutely no interest in cooking before.
It's funny how we seem to always remember our weights on each significant occasion in our lives. At least you were 119 for two days - I used to say I'd give anything for one slim day!
I hope cd works for you - it's the best diet I've ever followed.

Daisy65 said:
Hi maggie - I have yo-yo dieted for at least 30 of my 46 years. I am so determined that this will be the end of that destructive cycle. I am hoping that the break from food will allow me to build new habits during the maintenance phase. I have a new interest in food and nutrition and have been searching for healthy recipes - I had absolutely no interest in cooking before.
It's funny how we seem to always remember our weights on each significant occasion in our lives. At least you were 119 for two days - I used to say I'd give anything for one slim day!
I hope cd works for you - it's the best diet I've ever followed.

Thank you Daisy.

It is funny how we remember what we weighed when_________________.

I own a ton of nutrition and healthy cookbooks. I read them like some people read magazines. One of my favorites on nutritiion is called Super Foods RX. Actually, I think I responded to you about intermitent fasting on another diary. Lol I think we are on the same wave length

I am excited about CD and feel confident it will work for me.....thanks for your support!

Hi love just wanted to wish u the best of luck on yr journey xxxxx lea

LeaE said:
Hi love just wanted to wish u the best of luck on yr journey xxxxx lea

Thank you...you are one of my many inspirations on this forum.

Maggie38 said:
Thank you...you are one of my many inspirations on this forum.

Really ?!? Well thank u love xxx here if u need anything love x how's yr day been so far ?

Karrinnae said:
Best of luck Maggie :) x

Thanks Karrinnae, the Christmas challenge you set up is really going to help keep me on track!
My first weigh in is on Thursday.

sophsk91 said:
good luck!
I'm on day 6! Hoping for a stone & a half by 7th September!

Are you starting on SS?

xo

Hi Sophsk - I am on day 5 of SS. So far I have been 100%. Good luck to you, a stone and a half by the 7th sounds great.

Day 5
Going well. Have not been tempted today.

Yesterday was a different story. Our neighborhood had it's annual cook out, with food galore. I couldn't get out of going because it takes place right in front of my house. We live on a narrrow little circle and they even block off the road so no escaping! Lol. People bring the yummiest homemade things. It was a challenge but I past my first big test. I did not cheat!! I socialized and drank my water. I had my 3rd product when we went in, no problem : )

Feeling good about today, finding I prefer the vanilla shakes. I think I wll probably have 3 of them today, Lol
Thanks for all the support.

Karrinnae said:
Maggie where in America are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I live in the midwest, in the state of Wisconsin. My city has a population of 36,000 but we are close to bigger cities....only an hour from Chicago.
Hot and sticky all summer...cant wait for fall.

Where abouts are you in the UK?

Karrinnae said:
I'm in Kent which is about an hour on the train to London . I live by the sea.
Although I'm not English , I'm Scottish from Edinburgh and moved down here 12 yrs ago :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohh, I had a dear friend (Mandi, of course) all through grade school whose parents had immgrated here from Scotland.(not sure which part)
Loved loved their accent. We use to just giggle when her "mum" would call us cheeky wee hens!

My first weigh in is tomorrow. I am excited but also dreading it. I have been 100% so I knoe I have lost but at the same time it so upsetting to me to see how much I weigh. I don't have a conselor here(you just order online in US) so hubby will do the honors, Lol
Maybe I will close my eyes and just have him tell me how much I've lost. I know it sounds mental, but that number on the scale really affects me.

Had my weigh in and lost 6 lbs in week 1!

I have had to dodge several dinner invitations today. I know it won't always be avoidable, but I'd like to stay 100% as long as I can. Has anyone done a combination of ss and ss plus ? I am curious how that would affect losses. I would limit it to eating out once a week and stick to grilled chicken and a few veggies.

If it were just me I'd be happy becoming a hermit until I reached goal. Haha. But, I really can't do that to my husband. He is supportive, its just that we usually go out to eat with another couple about once a week. Its something we both look forward to.

If anyone would like to comment, I would like to know how you handle restaurants and what did it do to your losses?

Back