Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lulum1986, 16 June 2014.

1. lulum1986

lulum1986 Well-Known Member

Hi all :)

im im really interested in starting yoga from home. I really want to build on my strength and flexibility. I'm a beginner to yoga. Currently not flexible at all at the moment.

just wondering if any of you are into yoga and could may be offer some tips on how and where to start. Maybe any videos on youtube for beginners.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. Hello! :)

I've recently started doing yoga again after a few years - I totally recommend 'Yoga with Adriene'. The videos are amazing, she takes time to explain the positions but she has fun with it - no strict holding of poses, etc, it's just going with the yoga 'flow'!

This is the beginners one and the one that I started with - slowly progressing to the more intense ones!

Enjoy, and namaste! :)
    Last edited: 16 June 2014
  3. lulum1986

Thank you very much I will try this.
  4. No problem - let me know how you get on! :)
  5. CharKearney

CharKearney Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! Going to try this out today in the sun!
  6. beingmum

beingmum Well-Known Member

I do yoga with adriene too! She is brilliant. Given me the confidence to start a class, first night tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using mobile app
  7. lulum1986

Well I bought a book on yoga and it shows how to do the poses and looking at various ones on youtube which is good :) feeling the difference already.
    I have a few questions for anyone who has practiced yoga for a while:

just curious as there are so many different poses. Do you just do a few every day and once you have maybe mastered that pose move on?
    Are there certain ones you practice every day?
    also with the shoulder pose and plough when putting your legs behind your head is the goal for your legs to be straight?

many thanks for any help :) appreciate it :)
  8. adell

adell Well-Known Member

Hi, I did yoga regularly a few years ago, I would recommend going ti a class, at least for a while if you have one near you. They can make sure you are doing the poses correctly and you can ask if you're unsure.

There is a very good app for android devices called daily yoga. Its free (but there is a pro version which is still reasonable) and it has loads of video routines, its brilliant. Im using it to get back into it as don't have time/money for classes now.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using mobile app