Yoghurt as HexA

Cagey

I really struggle with my HexA. I quite like cheese but just don't like milk at all and I especially dislike low fat diary. I have been having whole milk as you have to have less of it! I asked my consultant if it would work to substitute plain whole milk yoghurt for milk as a HexA as they have almost exactly the same nutritional profile (yoghurt is slightly higher in calcium) She reckoned that it would be ok so long as I stick to the amounts for whole milk.

Thought I would canvass opinion from the knowledgeable people here as I am not keen on plan tweaking but not sure how much more milk I can stand!!

TMK, SW haven't published anything about using yogurt as HEa so if you don't like tweaking & as you say you like it, it's perhaps best to stick with cheese as your HEa.

Cagey said:
I really struggle with my HexA. I quite like cheese but just don't like milk at all and I especially dislike low fat diary. I have been having whole milk as you have to have less of it! I asked my consultant if it would work to substitute plain whole milk yoghurt for milk as a HexA as they have almost exactly the same nutritional profile (yoghurt is slightly higher in calcium) She reckoned that it would be ok so long as I stick to the amounts for whole milk.

Thought I would canvass opinion from the knowledgeable people here as I am not keen on plan tweaking but not sure how much more milk I can stand!!

I don't know about yoghurt but have u tried the nut milks suc as hazelnut, almond or kara coconut. They are so much nicer than ordinary milk.

Ophelia105 said:
I don't know about yoghurt but have u tried the nut milks suc as hazelnut, almond or kara coconut. They are so much nicer than ordinary milk.

Currently the almond and coconut are Hex's (450ml) but not the hazelnut

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Alsmum said:
Currently the almond and coconut are Hex's (450ml) but not the hazelnut

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oooh no. I'll check the nutritional content especially calcium against the others. I hope it's just be SW haven't got round to it....

Thanks for all the replies Yes, I prefer almond milk etc but still find it quite hard to incorporate into my day. I don't have milk in tea / coffee (except chai) and don't really eat cereal. Not so bad in the winter as I do like porridge but not in the warmer weather!

I find cheese a bit difficult to fit in too unless I am making something specifically cheesy! I was vegan for years and sort of lost the cheese habit. Hence the yoghurt idea, it's about the only dairy I find easy to eat. Still, could be worse, and it's a minor gripe overall. Might check with SW to see if there's a reason that yoghurt can't be a hexA.

Could you make rice pudding or sweet macaroni? They both use a lot of milk but don't end up too milky....... If that makes sense.....

Back