yogurt...how much

blonde8

Hi everyone I just wondered how many yogurts you all have in a day. I'm a bit addicted to the Muller Greek cherry one and have had three today. One with my breakfast, one with lunch and one before tea. Is this too many xx

I only ever have one max (think I maybe had 2 a few times towards the start) and I don't have them every day...maybe 2 a week.

I personally (and believe me I'm no SW expert) would try and limit it to one a day simply due to the fact we should be aiming to fill up on superfree rather than free. Granted, if it's not slowing your losses down then I would say stick with it but if you notice your weight sticking at some point the I would cut down.

blonde8 said:
Hi everyone I just wondered how many yogurts you all have in a day. I'm a bit addicted to the Muller Greek cherry one and have had three today. One with my breakfast, one with lunch and one before tea. Is this too many xx

You do realise these yoghurts have a syn value.

There are lots of yoghurts that are free on the plan but not all fat free yoghurts are so be sure what you're eating is free and if not that you know the syn value.

Other than that I guess it's a case of if it works for you and it's not affecting your losses go for it :)

I generally have 3 a day too. .One mixed into my porridge in the morning, one after lunch and one poured over fruit for pud after dinner. . I keep a stock in my work fridge with little pots of pineapple, berries or melon so if the muchies come knocking I might have another one - dipping chuncks of fruit in.

I think if they help you stop snacking on 'synful' foods, keep at it. It's all about finding out how your body/mind works and fitting the plan to your needs. If having a few yoghurts is keeping you on track, why not! I am partial to the Weight Watchers dessert style yogurts, they are free and gorgeous! xx

Since being on ww one thing I miss is the free yoghurts! A mullerlight is 2 points so hadn't had one for ages until tonight and it seemed huge! Never used to realise that when doing sw though I did used to try and limit them to one a day(and have other smaller free yoghurts at the other times) when it got to the point when I had lost a lot of weight as I did think it made a difference to my losses

Yeah I did know they not free lol...be wishful thinking if they was. They are so worth the syn's tho xx

I have at leaset 2 everyday usually poured over berrys or made into a milkshake cld think of much worse things to snack on

clairex said:
I think if they help you stop snacking on 'synful' foods, keep at it. It's all about finding out how your body/mind works and fitting the plan to your needs. If having a few yoghurts is keeping you on track, why not! I am partial to the Weight Watchers dessert style yogurts, they are free and gorgeous! xx

I agree if like it does for me Eating yog stops you Eating high syn treats then why not sometimes for brekkie i have a bowl of fruit salad followed by a full 500g tub of natural fat Free yog i flavour it with sweetener and vanilla or coconut essence some days i eat other yog as well as that and its fab yog hasnt slowed my weightloss its helped it because it curbs my cravings and yog keeps my tummy happy too :)

Back