Yogurt Warning!!!!

babybisto

Im an A1 diet student never cheat, alway stick to my diet 100%. Well the last few weeks havent lost and actually gained this week.

MORRISONS FAT FREE DIET STRAWBERRY YOGURT is not FREE as stated but 11syns

I rang the help line today, explained used to have Onken till it had syns switched to the above cause its stated it was FREE, read out the values and the woman was shocked 11SYNS!!! Morrisons havent informed them it changed so with my chocolate bar and 2 pots a day sometimes I was having upto 30 syns a day......:mad:

Im an A1 diet student never cheat, alway stick to my diet 100%. Well the last few weeks havent lost and actually gained this week.

MORRISONS FAT FREE DIET STRAWBERRY YOGURT is not FREE as stated but 11syns

I rang the help line today, explained used to have Onken till it had syns switched to the above cause its stated it was FREE, read out the values and the woman was shocked 11SYNS!!! Morrisons havent informed them it changed so with my chocolate bar and 2 pots a day sometimes I was having upto 30 syns a day......:mad:

That's terrible! You should complain and get a free week or something -its especially naughty as you seem to be so by the book and good. 11 syns is a criminal amount for a yogurt - what on earth was in it? And - did it taste like 11 syns?!

oh my god!! thats shocking!! how are we meant to get on with losing weight when theyre not even informing about changed recipes :(

Thanks for the heads up but it's a shame you had to find out the hard way. Wishing you very big weight losses for the coming weeks.

Hang on a cotton pickin minute - are you sure because I can't find a Morrison Strawberry Fat Free yoghurt listed on MFP &, perhaps more importantly, if the pot states it's 220 cals, why is it a shocker?

The 500g pot of Bio Strawberry is FREE http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/264129-syns-yog-please.html &their LOW FAT strawberry is 150g & 136 cals = 6 syns.

The only Morrison's strawberry yogurt I can find with comparable syns is their 'Morrisons the Best' Woodland Strawberry which is a 160g pot @ 229 cals = 11 syns

This is the way I read it:

Website Syns online now states: Morrisons Fat Free Strawberry Bio Yogurt, 450g pot 11 syns because babybisto brought it to their attention - I checked and it's there.

The link from Minimunchkins goes back to March, so where it was once stated as free for 100g (and therefore free no matter what the quantity), it is now 11 syns for the whole 450g pot which is what babybisto brought to our attention.

I may have misunderstood . . . especially because I don't know what an MFP is! Can someone explain that please?!

Ta :)

Ta Minimunchkins. I'm only assuming it was the bio one as that's what came up when I searched syns online for Morrisons Strawberry Yogurt . . . I'm sure all will be revealed!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Morrisons yogurts come out of same factory as Onken, so when one changes recipes they both do . . .

MFP - cool - I've learnt a new acronym!!

omg I didn't release the onken fat free yoghurts now have syns! in my book they still say free :(:( i loved them as well!!! are there any big pots that are free as i love having them

omg I didn't release the onken fat free yoghurts now have syns! in my book they still say free :(:( i loved them as well!!! are there any big pots that are free as i love having them

Only the fat free natural. All of the flavoured ones are still fat free but they replaced sweetener with sugar.

Only the fat free natural. All of the flavoured ones are still fat free but they replaced sweetener with sugar.

What about different brands? I've seen the asda fat free blueberry and mango/pineapple ones that say there free?

Not sure about the Blueberry but I've been searching for the Asda FF Mango/Pineapple & the Rhubard/Vanilla to no avail. > Other Mims have posted that they are lovely and FREE too. > Spookily, only today I left a message for the manager of my local store asking if he'd consider ordering them. > I'll just have to wait & hope :wave_cry:

Wow 11 syns!! just shows fat free does not equal healthy!

That's ridiculous! Sorry to hear that it affected your loss. Hope your next loss is bigger and better x

It is for the whole 450g pot though. . A normal size pot/serving is 125-150g so yes, it's still high for Fat Free but still lower in syns proportionally than the regular versions.

Ahhh right, I had a small pot in my mind lol! Makes a little more sense I suppose but still.

If something says it is "fat-free" but doesn't mention "sugar-free" or "no added sugar", then a quick check of the ingredients list is a good idea. It is not unusual for a manufacturer to say xxxxxx-free when there are other baddies lurking in there. Or to say fat-free when the product wouldn't have had fat in it anyway - fat-free jelly is the funniest one I have seen!

If something says it is "fat-free" but doesn't mention "sugar-free" or "no added sugar", then a quick check of the ingredients list is a good idea. It is not unusual for a manufacturer to say xxxxxx-free when there are other baddies lurking in there. Or to say fat-free when the product wouldn't have had fat in it anyway - fat-free jelly is the funniest one I have seen!

I saw a fat-free soda the other day! Insane! :confused:

Back