Yoo Hoo! (waves frantically)

mistymaid

I found this forum by accident because I have given up on dieting and decided to tackle the problem from a different angle. I'm not anti diet, they simply don't work for me and in the last 63 years I must have tried most of them. Yes, I lose the weight, but then put it all back on again.

I have a new mantra.. All things in moderation and moderation in all things' I'm going to shop, cook and eat healthily and not only will the weight slowly and steadily go, but I will feel fitter and healthier than I have for may years and, hopefully, my knees will stop creaking!

It will help me no end picking up tips from all of you

Hiya:) just wanted to wish you well and look forward to keeping up with your posts...and trying to post more myself. Have a good weekend. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya Mistymaid I also started on the fitter approach and it worked a few years back more so than any diet and its also stayed off a lot longer.
Ii've been maintaining until this past 6 months. I always said to myself if its a pound a year I lose then its a pound lighter than last year.
As long as while my age goes up my weight goes down then I shall find life less of struggle and saty as independent as possible.
I'm weighing in on a Monday but am yet to go to bed.

Do you weigh in at all?

Thanks GBU that's just what I wanted to hear. And thank you for taking the time to post. I'm finding this healthy eating kick quite liberating! No pressure, just go as I want AND my husband is doing it with me. We are pensioners so just have ourselves to worry about. I have creaky knees so I'm exercising slowly at the moment . Walking the dog a little further,she's a fat old fossil too,

Thanks GBU that's just what I wanted to hear. And thank you for taking the time to post. I'm finding this healthy eating kick quite liberating! No pressure, just go as I want AND my husband is doing it with me. We are pensioners so just have ourselves to worry about. I have creaky knees so I'm exercising slowly at the moment . Walking the dog a little further,she's a fat old fossil too,
My friend had awful knee trouble and found swimming was a not so impact exercise on it. Dog walking is a great unseen exercise.
Nice that you have each other to achieve it with, im a loner dieter but enjoy interaction on here and logging achievements.
I got to the stage before where it wasn't so much the scales and weight loss that I was concentrating on but the moving as as long as I was then I couldn't be anything other than getting fitter. Its when we stop we fossilis ;)

My friend had awful knee trouble and found swimming was a not so impact exercise on it. Dog walking is a great unseen exercise.
Nice that you have each other to achieve it with, im a loner dieter but enjoy interaction on here and logging achievements.
I got to the stage before where it wasn't so much the scales and weight loss that I was concentrating on but the moving as as long as I was then I couldn't be anything other than getting fitter. Its when we stop we fossilis ;)

This thread is excellent isn't it GBU? I'm also doing healthy eating It's really nice to be 'in charge'. I don't have to weigh in unless I want to, and then do it in private. I don't have to buy expensive formula (been there done that put the weight back on) or follow stringent diet regimes. If I want to, I can have a piece of cake or biscuit; there's no time limit and I can eat what the family are having.
I've bought 2 low fat cook books, but really it's just commonsense. I love to cook and by tweaking and making changes to the meals I cook, I can still enjoy them. I'm in this for the long haul so its a good job I enjoy it
The lady who lives next door to me has a treadmill and a set of exercise steps. I get out in the fresh air to walk and use my stairs as 'steps' My husband and I have offered her the chance to join us on our twice daily walks but she'd rather stay in.

Last edited:
rag
im the same i would would rather walk no gym for me oh and i do my leslie sansone dvd thats a walking dvd i agree with you all why pay these big firms money for diets when its down to to us to change our eating habits to healthy ones x

Hola chica :wavey:

What a great attitude! You really sound like you're in the right frame of mind to get healthy. I too am not a diet-fan, for the same reasons as yourself. Nope, it's all about eating healthily, exercising regularly and shedding the weight slowly and permanently. (The "permanently" bit is my fave!) :wee:

Back