Yoooo yoooo yoooo dieter

Doe, Rae, me..... Hi my name is Katie I'm 30 years old and I am an aussie living in Galway IReland for 5 years. I found this forum through a friend and joined today. What can I tell you about my dieting history.... I started out at 75.5kg which is very heavy for my height of 148cm.... I went to 67kg 50kg, back to the 60,s and down to 47 kg then up 50's then this time last year I was 46kg now I am 63kg.......my weight is a constant yo yo of starving an binging which I am looking to move away from.... And if g a healthier way to lose... I am heading to Paris end of aug I'd like you be down 5kg.... My aim is to cut out bread, booze and after 8snacking, my biggest down fall... Feel free to chat away

Hi there, oh I have been a yo yo dieter for years, also due to my binge eating disorder I have always relied on starvation and binges, always self sabotaged on my diets and often due to my all or nothing outlook would start one unrealistic diet after another, always looking for an extreme way to lose weight as I was so desperate to see a weight loss, basically did starvation diets and then you guessed it this itself set off my binge eating even more. I lost loads of weight and then regained it just as quickly everytime.

I think its very hard to break the cycle of starvation / binge I am only now finally doing this thanks to therapy which has helped me change my eating patterns and eat regularly and healthily, something new for me, its not easy as I prefer extremes and this middle road of moderation is foreign to me but I feel its the way to go, I just take each day at a time and since I started eating properly and not starving and also finding other ways of coping with my emotions other than food I haven't binged for weeks and for someone who had mega binges on a daily basis that is massive.

I hope you manage to lose the weight you want to , have you got a good support network? it must be difficult travelling around so much and trying to keep on track eating wise.

Em x

Hi Emma I just figured how to see my messages here on the iPad app hahaha this is all new to me. It's good to know there are others out there making a way towards healthier life styles rather then the all or nothing mentality. In reality being thin made me more paramoidi was fat..... My boyfriend says he les me at this weight and that. He said though that before I may have looked good but I wasn't the nicest or funniest person to be around. Do you have another half? How do they cope?what diet plan are you following?

I don't have a partner at the moment but luckily I do have supportive friends and family on the whole which helps, diet wise I am not doing a set plan as such just eating healthily which seems so obvious but something I never truly did, it was always extreme dieting for me like living on next to nothing or going off track big time with massive binges now its weird to think I am eating regularly throughout the day as its just not something I am used to and my mind still makes me crave either starvation or binges which really doesn't help, its def a work in progress! I used to have a partner but I think deep down he was a bit of a feeder, he would play mind games with me and would get angry if I didn't eat the crappy foods he brought into the house but if I did he would call me a "fat pig", kind of a no win situation, thankfully I am minus him now which makes it much easier to do this weight loss battle.

I have found this time I am eating in moderation I am still able to maintain my sense of fun but I think in the past when I have gone on one starvation type diet after another I have become so obsessed with going without and getting slim that I seemed to lose my sense of fun, I became to resent people for eating normally, it turned me into a bit of a b**** if I am honest ha ha I ended up getting down low weight wise but was a real moody cow I then regained it all and much more besides and so this time I have so much to lose but am doing this moderation thing and its just not me at heart but I am determined to make myself adapt to eating more normally again.

I hope you are doing well, Em xx

Back