You keen exercisers...

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Ok I've done Sw before and lost 4.5 stone. Left and have had to go back bc I couldn't finish my journey alone.

I do red and green - I never got losses on ee.

I exercise intensely several times a week including spin (hrm cal burn is 800) personal training (hrm 1000) and swim and other fitness classes.

Mainly spin 2 x
And personal train x2 weekly

Now this is my fourth week back into the Sw wagon. But my losses are crap! I had one good week where I lost 2lbs then sts and a gain of 1/2 (wi tomorrow unknown)

I lost the 2lbs by increasing my syns (by accident) to 20 average per day.

The other two weeks where I had below 15 mainly below 10 each day I sts and gained!

My cals are about 1500 but my net when I exercise can be as low as 500!

I'm a little stuck on what to do do you think I'm eating enough.

A typical day ...

Weetabix ss milk banana

Lunch
Savoury rice/pasta (green day)
Riviera and tuna (red day)
Fruit salad (grapes straw melon pineapple raspberries)

Dinner usually a balanced meal including veggies but followed by a fruit salad.

Snacks include yogurts hifi chocolate etc

(I do have a portion of chip shop chips on a Friday at 17.5 syns with mayo 19 syns) but other than the odd flex day of no more than 40syns which I then reduce the next day that's typical.

Any suggestions?! X

Ok I've done Sw before and lost 4.5 stone. Left and have had to go back bc I couldn't finish my journey alone.

I do red and green - I never got losses on ee.

I exercise intensely several times a week including spin (hrm cal burn is 800) personal training (hrm 1000) and swim and other fitness classes.

Mainly spin 2 x
And personal train x2 weekly

Now this is my fourth week back into the Sw wagon. But my losses are crap! I had one good week where I lost 2lbs then sts and a gain of 1/2 (wi tomorrow unknown)

I lost the 2lbs by increasing my syns (by accident) to 20 average per day.

The other two weeks where I had below 15 mainly below 10 each day I sts and gained!

My cals are about 1500 but my net when I exercise can be as low as 500!

I'm a little stuck on what to do do you think I'm eating enough.

A typical day ...

Weetabix ss milk banana

Lunch
Savoury rice/pasta (green day)
Riviera and tuna (red day)
Fruit salad (grapes straw melon pineapple raspberries)

Dinner usually a balanced meal including veggies but followed by a fruit salad.

Snacks include yogurts hifi chocolate etc

(I do have a portion of chip shop chips on a Friday at 17.5 syns with mayo 19 syns) but other than the odd flex day of no more than 40syns which I then reduce the next day that's typical.

Any suggestions?! X

Stop flexi syns is my first suggestion, I can't get away with any kind of saving or flexi syns.
Drink plenty of water, try a green week ? When your exercising that much there's no need to be afraid of carbs.

Lastly ignore scales a bit go by clothes and inches and don't give up. Exercise pays off on slimming world just takes catching up that's all.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Sounds like you need to eat more to me if your cals sometimes go as low as 500, you've loset more on the weeks that you have increased syns and less when you jhave less.
The flexi synning you mention where you then reduce your syns to compensate sounds more like spreading your syns over the week to me which lots of peolpe can do without a problem but others would say stick to daily amounts.

I would say chuck in few extra healthy cals ie fruit and maybe muller?? Not to go to town on the syns though see how you go? Remember to really drink a lot of water. I only do 30 mins ish a day on the bike but I try to drink 2ltr of water on top of tea/coffee x

Stop flexi syns is my first suggestion, I can't get away with any kind of saving or flexi syns.
Drink plenty of water, try a green week ? When your exercising that much there's no need to be afraid of carbs.

Lastly ignore scales a bit go by clothes and inches and don't give up. Exercise pays off on slimming world just takes catching up that's all.

The flexible syns are only once in a blue moon it's not a regular occurrence - and I'm not gonna be able go spend the rest of my life not having the odd meal out or odd night out! How miserable would that be :(

But I do predominantly green days anyway!

This is why I'm confused :( x

Sounds like you need to eat more to me if your cals sometimes go as low as 500, you've loset more on the weeks that you have increased syns and less when you jhave less.
The flexi synning you mention where you then reduce your syns to compensate sounds more like spreading your syns over the week to me which lots of peolpe can do without a problem but others would say stick to daily amounts.

Yeah I usually aim for 105 syns per week even with a flex day (so I reduce to compensate) maybe I shouldn't :s

X

I would say chuck in few extra healthy cals ie fruit and maybe muller?? Not to go to town on the syns though see how you go? Remember to really drink a lot of water. I only do 30 mins ish a day on the bike but I try to drink 2ltr of water on top of tea/coffee x

Yeah I'm usually pretty good when it's my days off I drink plenty but when I'm working its a nightmare and I do need to work on it!!! X

The flexible syns are only once in a blue moon it's not a regular occurrence - and I'm not gonna be able go spend the rest of my life not having the odd meal out or odd night out! How miserable would that be :(

But I do predominantly green days anyway!

This is why I'm confused :( x

Just suggestions Hun, unless there's a medicSl reason every can loose weight just a case of finding your balance

hi, i would say you are definitely not eating enough for the exercise you do. I know SW is not about counting cals but a womans NET calories shouldn't go under 1200 so with the amount of exercise you are doing you need to eat more free foods and always have your 15 syns. Easier said than done i know, but i hope this helps. keep us posted :wavey:

hi, i would say you are definitely not eating enough for the exercise you do. I know SW is not about counting cals but a womans NET calories shouldn't go under 1200 so with the amount of exercise you are doing you need to eat more free foods and always have your 15 syns. Easier said than done i know, but i hope this helps. keep us posted :wavey:

Thanks that's what I'm thinking I just don't know what else to do last week I gained 1/2 this week I sts. That's 2 100% weeks weighed and measured less than 15 syns but as you say I know it's not cals but my net is about 500
Most non work days (4days a week).
Xx

Back