1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

You know that bike jacket

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Frontier-Phil, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Well-Known Member

I posted on here a while back that I needed a new motorcycle jacket and trousers well I could not be doing with buying a special order jacket and the top size pants.... ( this was in December 2008)
    Yessterday my OH went back to the bike shop just to try on the jackets again.... The bloke remembered mr and his first words as I walked in was " Bloody hell youve lost weight mate! I was pleased with that no end !! especially from some hairy arsed biker type. I was suprised he remembered me from Christmas. I tried on the same style jacket to be shocked that I need a whopping 3 sizes down and then I tried the trousers and need a further 4 sizes down. :eek::eek::eek:
    I treated myself to a new set with my Christmas gift money from 2008.:D:D:D

The funniest and most shocking realization was the guy then told me to hange on a second. He then brought out the jacket and trousers from the store room that I had tried on in December. I put them on .... Well I was bloody shocked to how huge they were on me the trousers we 9 inches too big and the jacket was I would say 8 to ten inches too big all over.:eek::eek:

That image will stay with me for eber was the one of me standing in front of the mirror with that lot on !!!, When I knew that back in December they were tight on me !!

All I can say is thank god for SW and to having great support from you lot... :D

Phil x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

BRAVO PHIL!! That must have been a great feeling! Leathers are a pain for sizing....you either fit or you don't....there is no squeezing in!! :rolleyes:

You've done fantastically well and absolutely deserve it!! :D:D:D

K xx

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Well-Known Member

Thats fantastic phil!! whata confidence boost! and thats really sweet that he remembered u... did u stop long enuf to enlighten him with your contraceptive jokes??? :p

5. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Well-Known Member

Some people I know keep a photo or a item of clothing just to remind them of the past bigger times of their life... well I have done this with my old leather jacket and I can safely say when I open my shed door and see it hanging on the hook... ih makes me want to push even harder to lose for the next week, I picture it in my mind when I am out cycling and having a steep hill to climb in front of me. !!

Phil x

Last edited: 23 June 2009
    Scarlet Daisy likes this.
  6. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Brilliant, I bet you felt great! It IS nice when other people notice... And you deserve it, you've worked hard for it AND you're a lovely positive influence on everyone here.

7. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Wow Phil you are a true inspiration. You've done so amazingly well, lost every week, so detirmined and focused. Always giving good advice, congratulating the losses and giving condolences to the gains. I really wish you all the luck in the world as you are such a top bloke!

All the best

Natt xxx

8. Roz V

Roz V Well-Known Member

Hi Phil - me again! Congratulations, a great tale as usual. Delighted to see you're still "cheerful"! Keep up the good work!

9. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Oh and I'd like to add, I bet all the girls swoon with you in your leathers :p

10. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Nothing better than someone noticing you've lost weight! SW is going to cost you a fortune!

11. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

That's an amazing story... even more amazing that the biker bloke remembered and decided to do that for you. That's proper camaraderie. Well done you! :D

12. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

As ever, a fab post and such an inspiration. Well done mate!
    jayx