young ones and sw

caramumofmany

my daughter has asked me if she can loose abit of weight, following the slimming world plan, i am all for them eating healthy but i am not going to push it onto her, she is currently 8st 7.5lb and for her height she should be around 7st - 7st 13ish the lower one is the healthier rejoin, what would you do?

It could even be 11+ thinking about it,they're encouraged to choose healthy options and have unlimited healthy extras (or something),they're not encouraged to lose weight as such but to build a healthy lifestyle and good future health x

It's great that she wants to lose some weight if she needs to so I'd be encouraging her every step of the way! How old is she? I'm just wondering if she's buying choc or crisps on the way home from school or if you're in sole control of her diet. It could just be that she needs to cut out snacks to make a difference rather than follow a plan?

shes only 10 so i am in sole control of her diet right up till september when she starts community college, i think this is what she has on her mind, she wants to be slim for when she starts there in september, and i can completely see where she is coming from as i have spent my whole life being bullied about my weight and i would hate to see her go down the same road, and its 11+ when they can join at slimming world, she is 11 in may, but for now i will so what i can to help her

I think as long as you explain that Slimming World is about healthy eating and that weight loss is a result of that and not the main aim, then it would be ok. I don't think it would be right for her to start obsessing over her weight at such a young age, so maybe limit her weigh-ins to once a month and talk lots about exercise and eating the right foods to be healthy and build a strong body.

I think the young people get extra HEX's and more syns (as their bodies are still developing). Not sure they go into it in much detail on the SW website, but I'm sure your consultant will fill you in.

Hi

All my meals tend to be sw meals and my kids eat the same too (with extra snacks) as the meals are just healthy, nutritious meals. Perhaps encourage her to do some new activities if she isn't already like swimming, dancing, martial arts ect.

i weigh in this evening and she goes to guides so she wouldnt be able to get to the meeting anyways

My daughter is nearly 12 and was 8 and a half stone and was around 4 ft 10. She was looking chubby and I had a letter as she was weighed at school with all of her year and the letter said she was overweight. I didnt tell her about the letter.

I chatted to my gp and she suggested I took her with me to the meetings. She started last Aug and the free2go programme lets her come free and the idea is to lose a little or sts and grow into thier weight IYSWIM. She knows its fine to sts and I always say she dosent have to weigh in every time but she always chooses to.

She has lost half a stone and gained 2 inches of height and this has taken her from adult sizes and looking chubby to teen sizes and looking a normal weight.

She loves going to group.

My daughter is nearly 12 and was 8 and a half stone and was around 4 ft 10. She was looking chubby and I had a letter as she was weighed at school with all of her year and the letter said she was overweight. I didnt tell her about the letter.

I chatted to my gp and she suggested I took her with me to the meetings. She started last Aug and the free2go programme lets her come free and the idea is to lose a little or sts and grow into thier weight IYSWIM. She knows its fine to sts and I always say she dosent have to weigh in every time but she always chooses to.

She has lost half a stone and gained 2 inches of height and this has taken her from adult sizes and looking chubby to teen sizes and looking a normal weight.

She loves going to group.

Tia is already 5ft 1, and i totally understand what you have written up there, just a shame the group is on a wednesday when she is at guides.. i will work with her, she is so determined bless, she has gone to school this morning with pasta and fruit!!

I wish my son would go! He wants to lose weight but he's 'wishing' it away!! He's going to join a Rugby team for exercise (he's a BIG strapping lad of 15, 5ft 9" but solid, his weight is mainly his tummy.
Problem is he's inherited a sweet tooth from his dad, and his dad is a 'feeder' so he buys him cakes, biscuits etc.
Son won't eat breakfast, doesn't like eating lunch at school either so his first meal is at 3 pm I've told him he needs to eat earlier but won't listen.
He won't eat veg and hubby let's him get away with that (hubby's family all have an aversion to veg and an obsession with sweet stuff, though hubby's a twiglet!).
Hubby will eat veg.... Once a week!!!

shes doing amazing well, 2 days on plan,
breakfast - yogurt with porridge oats
lunch - tomatoe and herb pasta, banana, crisps (4.5syns)
tea - 2 x quorn burgers (1syn) boiled potatoes and veg!!
snacking on fruit.

breakfast - fruit and yogurt
lunch - tomatoe and herb pasta with cheese, hifi bar, banana and crisps 4.5syns
tea i am thinking a quorn cottage pie of similar not sure yet

Back