younger cambridge dieters, my story :)

2009, aged 15/16 weighting in at 15stone 3 i was mortified! id always been the "funny fat girl" who portraid so much confidence, deep down i was the complete opposite. Around march time me and my mum signed up to start the cambridge diet, my mum lasted 2 days, i carried on for 14 weeks, stuck to it religiously and lost three and a half stone! i still had weight to loose but i felt so happy.
Wasnt until me and my family went to spain on an all inclusive holiday and i managed to gain 12pounds in two weeks! was sickening, i ate like a pig because i had the freedom and the excuse to do so.
From that i lost all will power and quit the diet:(

September 24th 2011,i went away for a few days with a friend, who is beautiful and skinny, i was so jelous and felt awful about myself, i knew i had to do something, im 18 and missing the best years of my life!
October 2nd 2011, i rang the nearest cambridge consultant and bought my first weeks worth of products weighting in at 15 stone 6, right back where i was a few years previous.

Now 16 weeks down the line, im 12 stone and still going strong. Dont get me wrong iv had odd days off and had days over christmas off so the weight hasnt come off as fast as it could but i have so much faith in the programme!Downside i dont have much of a social life anymore, lost a few friends but food doesnt control my life anymore!

i just think to myself its only a few months to sacrifice for a lot longer being healthy and happy!

just thought id share my journey (so far) as when i first started i couldnt find many young dieters.

i now have two of my friends joining cambridge! i will loose another 3 stone! BRING ON SUMMER !!:D

I wish I had the will power you have, I first discovered the diet in 05, age 18, I stuck with it for a week :( I decided to do it again in 06 with my OH, we lasted a week.

I started the diet again 8/12/10 @ 17:3, I stand here today @ 16:3 ( my weight did go up to 18:4 my heaviest) I just can't find the strength to stick to it. I am now 24, working in burger king, wanting to lose the weight so have a baby but yet that still can't keep me in the straight & norrow.

Just before Xmas I managed to get down to 15:6, but then I had Xmas off and I have struggled to regain control again.

I first did this diet in June 2010 aged 19. I lost two stone but was still 19 stone. I stopped for a good reason! I fell pregnant :) Back this time for good. Now 21....i want to be the mummy my boys will be proud of x

Hi keighley! I started cd when I was 21 at 19 stone I Ss for 7 months with not one cheat at all! Unfortunately I couldnt get to grips with the idea that when I got to 13 stone at my height I had to introduce food. I thought I've lost the weight by not eating no chance I'm gunna start now, so I carried on with my shakes with no meals and then just stopped going back to the counsillor, I then lost a lot more weight by not eating and if I did it would be chicken slices and if I did eat I would take an extreme amount of laxatives or make myself sick to get rid of it. Since seeing doctors and meeting my boyfriend I have got very comfortable getting back to 15 stone. I am now back on the cambridge 5 years later and some of you may think I shouldn't be however I am now 25 and at a completely different stage of my life. I am getting a tummy tuck in July hence the reason I am back on this diet as it is fast and will give me the weight I want to get it done. I can only stress how Important it is to follow the correct process of the diet, I just loved going out and drinking again and knowing people (boys) was interested in me and not for a bet. That feeling is indescribable I didn't want it to change, and it doesn't have to! It sounds so vein but when the way you look is number one at that age, health is at about number 5 behind lads, clothes etc.

If you do it all correctly you will live in a happy life in terms of ur weight. I wouldn't wish the past few years on anyone but hey no its made me the person I am :)

Good luck on the Cambridge diet, if used correctly its the best diet in the world! If you ever need to chat feel free to message me xxx

I wish I had the will power you have, I first discovered the diet in 05, age 18, I stuck with it for a week :( I decided to do it again in 06 with my OH, we lasted a week.

I started the diet again 8/12/10 @ 17:3, I stand here today @ 16:3 ( my weight did go up to 18:4 my heaviest) I just can't find the strength to stick to it. I am now 24, working in burger king, wanting to lose the weight so have a baby but yet that still can't keep me in the straight & norrow.

Just before Xmas I managed to get down to 15:6, but then I had Xmas off and I have struggled to regain control again.

Oh babe it's so difficult. I started in Sep 2010, aged 37, cos I wanted a baby, even then I struggled and cheated so much. Eventually lost just under 2st by Mar!!! Could have been a lot quicker if I'd stuck to it. Anyway, I then fell pregnant and had my wee boy in Nov 2011. Then followed a year of utter hell. Not being able to turn over in bed, not being able to sit on the floor and stand up again at toddler groups, of feeling fat and frumpy and just bloody awful. I've tended towards heaviness all my life but it didn't really affect me too much when I was younger, I was never short of male attention, despite my size, I had a good job, nice car, good health so I could never stick to a diet!!

However now, I'm on this 100% my weight is really affecting my health now and I just can't take it. In the past year I feel I've aged about 10 years and I never want to feel like this again. I have no desire to be super slim, just healthy and be able to shop in normal shops and NEVER be asked again if my baby is my grandson, that must be the worst moment ever.

Anyway, the penny will drop hun, just don't leave it til your pushing 40 like me!!!

Hiya. I'm 19 and been on it for 15/16 weeks now. I am on ss+ (ish). I totally understand about feeing less social. Although I occasionally do go out for meals I always feel awkward how I have to ask for things done differently like without rice/chips/ potatoes and what not. But I guess it's what we have to do isn't it!
Don't worry about losing friends. They obviously are not true friends if they don't want to do everything they can to help and support you.
Good luck! I'm sure your do fab! Xxxx

I'm doing it this time on the quiet...only my mum, boyfriend and very best friend know! If i meet someone for a "drink" i'll have a sparkling water or black tea. They don't tend to ask questions. If it's a lunch i'll have a salad with chicken, they don't say any different! Come to think of it....i don't think anyones even noticed i'm on a diet anyways Lol x

Hi! this is my first ever post on here, I'm Simone and I'm 17 years old (18 in April)
I've struggled with my weight since I was around 11 years old when I moved from Saudi Arabia back to the UK, I suffered with PTSD and found comfort in food. After being bullied in school and going onto the contraceptive injection I reached my current weight of 98kg/15st 5, but after meeting my boyfriend in April 2011, I stopped worrying about my weight as he loved me the way I am, but now I'm getting sick of hiding my body in baggy black clothes and wearing very similar things everyday, of being insecure all the time and tonight, I had my consultation with my CDC! (who lives literally around the corner from me!) and I'm starting on the 5th of February, she has recommended I start with the 810 plan rather than SS or SS+ as she thinks it's better to start there than go down to SS or SS+ as it's less of a shock to the system, what do you think? I'm very excited to loose weight and feel better about myself.

I'm on 810 :)

i think you should give the 810 plan a go and then see how it goes from there, if you find it okay theres nothing stopping you from going onto ss, i started straight on ss, some people find its to difficult, its all about finding whats best for you and the best way for you too stick at the plan and loose weight x

you go girl! :)

Thankyou girls!
My Dad is also doing it and I think my mum will be too, so the only person not doing it will be my brother, I think we're going to see CDC again all together on Friday night, then get started on Monday. My dad is sure he's going to start on SS.

How do you find your losses are on 810? I have around 4 stone to loose.

I have lost 16lbs on 2 weeks of 810. My mum is doing it with me to, nothing like family support :) xx

Well done! I hope I can get results like that.
I think I'm going to start 810 and then go down to SS once I feel a bit more used to it, less of a shock to the system and it should stop me forgetting to feed my boyfriend haha!

I agree, doing it all together probably will make it easier on us, I'm getting more and more excited to get started now!

You will also get into Ketosis quicker when you swap from 810 to SS, if you aren't already in Ketosis from step 2. I'm starting on SS tomorrow and honestly cannot wait! x

Back